• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help!! Bailiffs Took My Car With No Previous Contact!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Bailiffs Took My Car With No Previous Contact!!

hello!
    bailiff have seized my car for unpaid parking tickets which were in dispute as i had sent a witness form by recorded delivery and i did not recieve a reply. i then called newham council to question why i hadnt recieved a reply and they told me to call the court, which i did, though its all automated. anyway, two months later, bailiff have taken my car with no prior contact!! AT ALL. no letters, no visits, NOTHING!! i thought my car had been stolen and called the police wh then told me that the bailiff had filed to them that they had taken the vehicle!! why couldnt they tell me!! they are now demanding £1500 for me to get my car back. i am a single mother with a small baby and its money that i simply just dont have AT ALL!!
    i know that the bailiff handeled this job incorrectly thus them taking my car was illegally done and i will file a formal complaint but i need help as i dont know what my next action is, would i have to pay for the car and then complain or can i somehow get any further action frozen?
    please help, i am a mess about this!!:tinysmile_cry_t:
    Tags: None

Re: Help!! Bailiffs Took My Car With No Previous Contact!!

Have you read the bailiffs guide?

Comment

Re: Help!! Bailiffs Took My Car With No Previous Contact!!

yes ive read it but i know that the car will be sold if i dont act quickly, so i dont know wether i should pay first which i cant afford anyway or wether i should file the complaint straight away, also will a statuory declaration or out of time form be effective at this stage?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X