• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council Tax multiple liability orders against several people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax multiple liability orders against several people

Hello,
    I need assistance, perhaps in any statutory or case laws if council tax liability order
    could be issued against an individual i.e. 2008, then in 2011 a new liability order was obtained against another person for the same property-same billing period:

a. without it being joint and several liability case
    b. without the liability order of 2008 having been set aside.

Thank you for your help,
    AH
    Tags: None

Re: Council Tax multiple liability orders against several people

Liability orders don't get set aside.

You haven't provided an awful lot of information, can you post some more details?

Comment

Re: Council Tax multiple liability orders against several people

Originally posted by Al Hakeem View Post
      Hello,
      I need assistance, perhaps in any statutory or case laws if council tax liability order
      could be issued against an individual i.e. 2008, then in 2011 a new liability order was obtained against another person for the same property-same billing period:

a. without it being joint and several liability case
      b. without the liability order of 2008 having been set aside.
      Yes, of course it is possible and it would be quite likely if the occupancy of the property had changed from one tax-dodger to another.

When is the essay due?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X