• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston and an undue fine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marston and an undue fine.

*edit* oops, thought this was a private ticket
    Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

"What the Bailiff can remove
      The Bailiff will make a list of items and their estimated value. The value is judged on the estimated recoverable price the item will receive at auction. Bailiffs are legally bound to get the highest possible price for the items at auction. The Bailiff has the legal power to seize goods after estimating their value. If the goods seized do not cover the outstanding charges at auction, the Bailiff can return to collect the outstanding amount.

Bailiffs cannot remove items that belong to someone other than the debtor. Bailiffs can, however, remove items that are jointly owned by the debtor and someone else, even if the other owner is not present. You must tell the Bailiff if they attempt to remove anything that does not belong to the debtor. The bailiff may ask you to produce evidence to show that you are not the owner of the property."

Is that true? Can they enter the property (even if they do not find the car parked) and remove anything from her place?

Comment

Originally posted by Umbyboy View Post
        "What the Bailiff can remove
        The Bailiff will make a list of items and their estimated value. The value is judged on the estimated recoverable price the item will receive at auction. Bailiffs are legally bound to get the highest possible price for the items at auction. The Bailiff has the legal power to seize goods after estimating their value. If the goods seized do not cover the outstanding charges at auction, the Bailiff can return to collect the outstanding amount.

Bailiffs cannot remove items that belong to someone other than the debtor. Bailiffs can, however, remove items that are jointly owned by the debtor and someone else, even if the other owner is not present. You must tell the Bailiff if they attempt to remove anything that does not belong to the debtor. The bailiff may ask you to produce evidence to show that you are not the owner of the property."

Is that true? Can they enter the property (even if they do not find the car parked) and remove anything from her place?
        Where did you find that unhelpful and somewhat inaccurate piffle?

With a few exceptions such as magistrates' court enforcement officers carrying out distraint against criminal fines - and not parking fines or penalties - bailiffs may not lawfully force entry unless they had previously been admitted peaceably. Think of the varmints as being somewhat worse than vampires; unlike Count Dracula, neither garlic nor holy water will prevent a bailiff making a return visit.

A bailiff may not remove items necessary for everyday living or for the education of a child. Nor may a bailiff lawfully seize a tradesman's tools nor other items used in their means of livelihood.

If you can remember only one thing, remember this: bailiffs tell lies.

Comment

By reading the documents she sent me I realised she never appealed the fine but she was merely communicating with the Council by repeatedly stating that she was/is not the owner or keeper of the vehicle and the Council was replying that they could not verify that. Does it mean that as the owner and keeper of the car I can use the aforementioned forms to say that I never received the PNC, because the Council notified it to the wrong person who has now contacted me?

Comment

By reading the documents she sent me
            That does seem a bit naughty of Camden Council, as they should not lie even by omission or mislead the public by negligence.

I realised she never appealed the fine but she was merely communicating with the Council by repeatedly stating that she was/is not the owner or keeper of the vehicle and the Council was replying that they could not verify that.
            Certe, stercus bovi est.

Why couldn't Camden Council supply the vehicle registration number to the DVLA and get the relevant data from them?

Does it mean that as the owner and keeper of the car I can use the aforementioned forms to say that I never received the PNC, because the Council notified it to the wrong person who has now contacted me?
            It would be somewhat unusual for the appeals procedure to be used by someone who wanted to be fined and it might give the appeals adjudicator a nervous breakdown.

Comment

As I stated at the beginning the problem here is that the car is Italian and it was driven in the UK for a short period of time. For this reason the Council could not retrieve the Vehicle's owner from the DVLA as the car is registered in Italy. However there are services like Euro Parking Collection Plc (Euro Parking Collection Plc) which many Councils use in order to notify PCNs to foreigners. Still, the Council was provided with the Registration Certificate (which is valid everywhere in the EU) and the certificate of ownership by my friend as I sent it to her.
              Last edited by Umbyboy; 8th June 2011, 13:45:PM.

Comment

Any other suggestion guys? This is becoming a never ending story .

Comment

Any other suggestion guys?
                  Other than taking out contracts on the Camden Council officials?

Comment

I would sue for harrassment and distress.

Have a look at this :-)
                    I am not a solicitor. Please seek your own legal advice before relying on my comments in this forum!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X