• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jacobs walking possession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacobs walking possession

had visit from jacobs on friday, he never knocked, just put through a walking possession agreement through the door, and listed my car, i am currently paying a weekly amount to them more than i can afford.
    they have said i ignored previous letters but i have only received one which accepted my offer of payments, they dont like it cause i always send a copy to the council.
    i have not signed this agreement and its for an amount i dont know about, its says i owe £379 but with cost has pushed this to nearly £600.
    i have emailed them and the council, slightly stressed.
    Last edited by twixinix; 15th May 2011, 11:30:AM. Reason: not right words
    Tags: None

Re: jacobs walking possession

How much does the council say you owe? Has the bailiff ever been inside your property?

Have you read our bailiff guide Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

not sure, he put a removel note through for £555 then the walking possession for £578, it says i have 5 days so it gives me some time to sort it out with the council, no i havent let them in, he just put down the reg of the car and thats it and popped it through the door i nevr spoke to him at all, and thanks for your quick reply x

Comment

Then the first thing to do is find out from the council, not from the bailiff, exactly how much you owe.

Comment

hi thanks again, i will am i within my rights to request details of my payments outstanding amounts so i can check with the council ?

Comment

Why are you bothering to ask the bailiffs?

This doesn't concern them, you need to ask the council.

Comment

Originally posted by twixinix View Post
              hi thanks again, i will am i within my rights to request details of my payments outstanding amounts so i can check with the council ?
              You are well within your rights in asking the Council how the amount is made up. Ask for a copy of the Liability Order, this will show the amount of CT outstanding plus the Council charges. You will also need to know from the Council what payments have been received by them and what is currently outstanding

If you must ask the Bailiffs what they believe the amount outstanding is (not a good idea) then do so in writing preferably by using a Subject Access Report (SAR) which will cost you £10. See this site for how to carry out this process. The Bailiffs have a maximum of 40 days to respond. This can seem an age.

The secret is too 'work' with the Council and somewhat 'ignore' the bailiffs. The debt belongs to the Council NOT the bailiffs.
              Last edited by Swingletree; 15th May 2011, 19:19:PM. Reason: Typo error
              If you do what you always do, you will always get what you always get!

Comment

Rule 1: Bailiffs tell lies.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Rule 1: Bailiffs tell lies.
                  Welcome to the party.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X