• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs bailiffs

Hi could someone please give me advice please. I have an outstanding parking ticket which i stupidly didnt pay.A bailiff visited my house around a month ago and posted a letter saying they were going to remove goods by 5pm if i didnt pay £313. I phoned the bailiff and said I would pay something by the 20th of this month. I paid £100 on the 20th and now have a letter saying I have to pay £287 or they are still going to remove my stuff. I phoned them and said I could pay £70 a month for 4 months but they refused and told me my only option was to pay 140 for 2 months or they would keep adding interest on which means its pointless me paying anything to them. Have phoned the council and they say they cant do anything as they passed it on and the county court say they have nothing to do with them. CAB isnt open till tomorrow.
    any advice would be good thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Jacobs bailiffs

Has this bailiff been into your house? Has he levied on any of your goods? If so, which goods?

Comment

Re: Jacobs bailiffs

I had the same thing last summer. Due to a family tragidy and moving house, I totally forgot about a parking ticket in Jan09, then in Jul10 I had to pay about £280. I was lucky to beable to pay in one go, but answer me this, did you receive any letters prior to the letter you are taling about from Jacobs? I did not, and I have taken this up with them as I paid the bill immediately once I knew about it and would have paid early had I received a letter to avoid the large bill.

From my very limited knowledge Jacobs say payments must be made in full or on ocassion over 3 months and thats it. I have learnt that they cannot force the 3 months, but what you exactly say to them and do I am not too sure and hope someone else can answer this for you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X