• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs Bailiffs yet again!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs Bailiffs yet again!!!

Hi everybody. I was hoping for some more advice on the Bailiff issue. Have Bailiffs hounding me for arrears of council tax arrears. I firstly ask the council to take the debt back- they refused. After getting some advice off here, I written to the council, explaining that can pay the debt at so much aweek, and asked if they can either take the debt back or take me back to court. I have been paying instalements eveyweek and have heard nothing from the council. At the same time I also written to Jacobs, stating that they will not be gaining entry to my property, and to send the debt back to the courts. I have now reicieved a letter from Jacobs stating:
    We acknowledge reciept of your correspondence and note contents therein.
    We write to advise that RMBC have instructed us to pursue you in respect of unpaid council tax account,
    We must confirm that your account is with our Levy bailiff X X X X , who you need to contact.
    Please note that the duty of Levy bailiff is to secure the debt on behlf of the local authority.
    Wemust advise that payment in full is due.
    Can this happen? Would the council have written to them and me? I still I am better going back to court!!! Any advice would be brilliant as I'm feeling sick just being at home at the moment. Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Jacobs Baliffs yet again!!!

I think the Bailiffs are once again "trying it on". Keep on to the Council, try writing to them enclosing a payment saying that you are intending to pay THEM X per week/month. YOU take the initiative. Don't let the Bailiffs do the 'running' otherwise they will do what they seem to be doing to you now and that is driving you to a negative place.

The Bailiffs do not 'own' the debt , they are only an agent of the council and the only way that they can make their money is to hassle.
    If you do what you always do, you will always get what you always get!

Comment

Re: Jacobs Baliffs yet again!!!

Thank you swingleTree. That is what I thought. I enclosed a payment with the letter that I first sent to RMBC and sent them every week since. I just wanted to make sure that it was not their debt that they seem to be stating.

Comment

Re: Jacobs Bailiffs yet again!!!

Have a good read of this Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum which will make things a lot clearer. Do everything in writing, and any letters you send make sure to keep a copy and get proof of postage. Council staff are notoriously dim and don't like taking the debt back from the bailiffs, but it can be done.

Don't believe anything the bailiffs tell you as most of it will be garbage. Also send an SAR to the bailiffs and the council so you can ascertain exactly how much you owe and what charges, if any, the bailiffs have applied to your account. In the meantime keep paying the council direct.
        Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X