• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Details passed onto Newlyn by Civil enforcement for a parking penalty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details passed onto Newlyn by Civil enforcement for a parking penalty

hi,

I need urgent advise on what i should do? I got a letter from newlyn that my details have been passed over by civil enforcement ltd for collection of a debt of 240.. intial parking penalty was around 60.

first of all i do not agree with the penalty that has been imposed.. i park my car in a residential private parking place which is monitored by some other company not even civil enforcement. whereas the pcn is from civil enforcement ltd. reading abt civil on internet i ignored as everyone has suggessted. also i am a resident there living for 4 years and they just didnt see my parking permit and gave me a pcn, which i ignored. Now i have been slapped with this letter from Newlyn stating "Dont ignore this letter. Futher action may be taken....."

i am not sure if i should contact them or not or ignore them? would i get a ccj if i dont pay. most of the people who had experience with them have mentioned that they just stop sending you letters knowing you will not pay. Any views/suggestions/experience on this will be highly appreciated.

thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Details passed onto Newlyn by Civil enforcement for a parking penalty

Does the letter say Newlyn are acting in their capacity as a bailiff or as a debt collector?

This is a very important distinction to make because they can only attempt to recover this debt as debt collectors, so what is the exact wording?

Comment

The letter states:

Client: Civil Enforcement LTD
      PCN:
      VRN (my car reg no) never heard of this term before

then it goes on:

"We have been instructed by CE ltd to recover the above Parking Charge Notice which remains outstanding.

Do not ignore thsi letter. Futher action may be taken at cosiderable cost to you if the debt is not cleared.

In order to clear this debt and avoid further action being taken you need to contact us on 01604 633001 as a matter of urgency with your proposals to clear this outstanding amount.

Above is the crap they have sent me. What are your views?

Appreciate your help.

thnx

Comment

Unless you have already been taken to court and there is a CCJ against you, I'd say ignore it.

As this is a civil debt, Newlyn cannot attempt to gain payment in their capacity as a bailiff company. They can only attempt recovery as a debt collection agency on behalf of the creditor and a debt collection agency does not have any powers unless and until the creditor takes you to court and gains a CCJ against you.

Comment

Amy,

Thanks for your response. If they have got a CCJ against me, should have I received a letter/warning from court etc? I didnt receive anything. All i got from CE ltd was a warning of it. but then they passed to debt collectors.

Really appreciate any advise that you have provided.

thnx.

Comment

It would be highly doubtful if they have a CCJ against you and I am sure they would have mentioned in this last letter.

You could always write to them and ask them under what authority they expect you to pay this.

Comment

Ok thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X