• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

emmybaby - Bristow & Suitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emmybaby - Bristow & Suitor

Hi i am new to this site and do not know how to start a thread. I am having problems with bristow and sutor. I stupidly let them in last year and they siezed my goods ifailed to pay the last installment of £65 which i sent today, that is not the main problem.

I got a letter pushed through my door on thursday to say they attended to remove my goods but on the bottom of the page there is another reference number aswell as the one i already know about.
    Can they take my goods for this other number or not. I have e mailed them and the council to say i dont know what it is for as none of them have sent me a letter previously to say i owe more now the balance is £597.

Please can you help?
    Tags: None

Re: emmybaby - Bristow & Suitor

Do you mean you now have another liability order?

How much have you paid so far and how much is outstanding. What was the original amount of council tax owed?

What goods did he levy?

Comment

sorry i took so long had to feed the baby.
      as far as i am concerned there is nothing left to pay on the agreement i had with them. my last payment was sent today. As for the other number i dont know what thats for i dont even have a council reference number to find out how much its for on bristow and sutor website.They levied my dinining table and chairs, three piece suite 3 t.v s fridge tumble dryer, welsh dresser and coffe table from what i can remember. xx

Comment

Well, they cannot levy on most of those items so that would make it an illegal levy.

Do you know what fees you have paid to them?

You really need to write to the council and make them sort this out for you.

Comment

I have already paid them over £800 my bill was only for just over £500.

Comment

Ok, so what is the extra £300 for?

Comment

I do not know there are 2 reference numbers on the bottom of the letter they put through my door on thursday. The 1 number i know about and thats the one they seized my goods for and i paid the balance today. The other number they havent even sent me a letter to say i owe any more money and i have wrote a letter to the council about it but heard nothing yet. Can they still take my things for this other one using the old paperwork while i am trying to sort it out?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X