• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SORN Question - Can car be seized from driveway?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SORN Question - Can car be seized from driveway?

Hi I'm Lee (a Newbie).

I've just returned from 6 months working abroad to 3x letters (from various DVLA depts.) relating to "Failure to license/SORN..."
    Plus more worryingly a letter from "Phillips Collection Services" claiming to be bailiffs threatening to clamp/tow said vehicle from my driveway!

I've looked on Trust Online who have no listing of a CCJ against me, therefore while I dispute this with DVLA am I in danger of the car being taken? Can they take goods without a CCJ?

The reason I wish to dispute it as I emailed DVLA 4 weeks after sending off the SORN reminder and have the copy of their email reply and their reference no. DVLA's response was to deal with "Phillips" - Who of course aren't interested!

Please help guys! Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: SORN Question - Can car be seized from driveway?

Do not under any circumstances deal with Philips. I'd e-mail the CEO of the DVLA direct (phone and ask for his/her e-mail) and explain the situation enclosing their reply from before you left.

Tell him/her the front line staff have told you you have to deal with the bailiffs, but this is not feasible in this situation.

The CEO is on recent secondment to the DfT, so not sure who is acting up during his absence - sorry.

Comment

Thank you - will try that approach, I'm just worried what powers they have atm

Comment

If they don't have a court order, my understanding is they can't seize it. Amy is the expert on bailiffs.

Comment

Why is it that you're being threatened with such action? is it because of unpaid tax? Surely this is something that can be sorted out civily without the cost to the DVLA of employing bailiffs, and without the stress to you of dealing with them.

I hope you can sort this out

CT

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X