• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Marston Bullies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Marston Bullies

Hi all, i am hoping someone can help me with this matter, my son received an on the spot fine for riding his bike on the pavement to the value of £45 to which we gave him the money to pay it, low and behold 4 months on and we have just had a visit today from 2 what i can only describe as bullies from Marston bailiffs, who had a removal notice for goods to the value of £320 !!!! My son saw fit to spend the money back then on who knows what and we are now in this position, basically he has moved out and now lives with his Nan as i couldnt cope with him, i explained that he does not live here anymore to the bailiffs to which they wanted to see his room to check? i let 1 in to check the room which he did and he then said that he would trace my son to his Nans? but do they have any right to gain access to my house and remove goods as he does not live here anymore! i really hope someone can help, kindest regards Julie...
    Tags: None

Re: Help with Marston Bullies, 75 PEOPLE HAVE READ AND NOT 1 BIT OF HELP!! THANKS !!!

All i basically want to know is ; are they allowed to charge £320 for a £45 fine? can they take goods to the value of from my home, of which nothing belongs to my son?
    Someone on here must know the answers and surely im not asking too much??
    Last edited by julie123; 12th January 2011, 16:31:PM.

Comment

Re: Help with Marston Bullies

they cant touch your property for your sons debt

do not under any circumstances let them into your house regardless of what is said by the bailiff

Comment

Who gave him the fine?

Comment

At last some help lol, Hi there, he was handed the ticket by a police officer, i have been to the citizens advice today and been told there is nothing anyone can do about the excessive charges and we will have no option but to pay the full amount, but i am on benefits and my son is on a training course that pays £30 a week, i have contacted the magistrates court but no help there, the bailiff said that there was no way the fees would be reduced ie a settlement figure and that a payment plan was also out of the question, i just feel like smashing my head against a wall i really do, surely there must be something we can do???

Comment

Hi Julie,
            Dont be dispondent, Amy will be be on soon to advise.

Marstons have a habit of overcharging so dont worry too much it will get sorted.

Comment

If they remove any property from your home which belongs to anyone other than your son you must report them to the POLICE for theft

Comment

Magistrate court fines are capped so send the bailiff a subject access request to ascertain what exactly these fees are for.

Also include in your letter a paragraph informing them that nothing in your house belongs to your son and he does not live with you. You need to do this or they are quite within their rights to seize goods they believe belong to you - you need to tell them otherwise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X