• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Clamping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamping

Hi,
    please can someone give me some advice?
    I received a penalty charge notice, and called them to set up a payment plan. They sais that they would write to me.

In my building that I live in, I do not receive post, which I have complained on several occassions to the management company, as the management cost is included in my rent with them, and they have not fixed the trade button on my building.

On the 7th 0ctober 2010, I woke up to my car being clamped and a telephone number to which I had to call. the gentlemen said that they had written to me at least 4-5 times and I had not responded on any of them.

I then explained that I didn't receive post, and had to collect my post from Royal Mail on saturdays, which was only 3 days worth, and they would have had the letters back as 'return to sender' if it was received prior to that. They claimed that they had never received anything at all.

I was them forced to pay the £335.85 there on the spot as they were towing my car at 10am, to which I did. The gentlemen then claimed that I could put in an appeal due to not receiving the letters in the first place.

I currently claim LHA for my housing, as I work full time as well, and the council also put all re-direction for any post for me to my mother's house, and it was the same local council that gave me the parking fine anyway, so they too know that I do not receive post, and have on several occassions put charges back to 'notice of owner' amounts due to this.

Am I able to appeal?

I look forward to hearing your responses!

Re: Clamping

given that youre not receiving post from them, and they will claim that proof of postage is proof of receipt and producing a copy of a letter is as good as having sent it.

were you to have a "copy" of the letter giving a reasonable payment plan to them before the car was clamped, Im sure you could get your fees reimbursed.

There are many more options but I think other contributors may have wiser advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X