• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailiffs at the door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailiffs at the door

My wife rented a property on my behalf,whilst in was studying as a full time student. She remained in the family home and paid her council tax there. We were in completely separate parts of the country. I attended the local council offices and presented them with proof of student status and received an exemption certificate for council tax. Last year the council where I was studying started to pursue me for council tax. I contacted them and explained I was exempt. Three months later i received a demand for council tax, again I contacted them. They claimed to know noting of my exempt status. I contacted my college and they again faxed another confirmation of my status as a student for the period claimed. The same procedure occurred in August after a visit from the bailiff to enforce the claim.

Today I have been issued with a notice of seizure for my car. Can they do this ? Is it just threats, what are my options ?

Can anyone help with this. Many thanks

Re: bailiffs at the door

You need to take this up with the council because it is they who employ these bailiffs.

Do not contact the bailiff and do not, ever, let them in.

Have you read the guide in the meantime? Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X