• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

I am new to this, hoping it works! I am having problems with Rossendale Bailiffs!
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    Their first visit on the 5th sept saying I owed £514 for unpaid council tax. No bailiff has ever entered my property. They have levied on someone elses vehicle that just happened to be parking in my space when the yvisited. I have told them. They sent me an email saying I had to get a copy of the owners documents to prove it was not mine. When I told them in was inappropriate to ask a stranger they said I had to get a solcitor to sign an avidavit. I went back to my council to ask them about this debt which they said I had been taken to court. I never received this so therfore I never attended! The council also informed me that the debt was only £150 that they passed onto Rossendale. I got in touch With Rossendales again and they said they council had not informed them of any decrease in debt. I then said I would be contacting OFT. They sent me an email saying the council had reduced the debt, something to do with benefits! I have since paid off the full debt to the council after paying £120.00 to Rossendale. They told me a month ago I owed £345. The council had not informed them i had paid off the debt! I received a letter yesterday saying I now owe £134. I just need help cos I have paid them and they keep increasing my debts and calling me all day and at stupid hours of the morning. I have become ill with the stress which has led to future hospital visits. Please help!
    Last edited by sms98; 13th August 2010, 14:20:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Hi everyone

Hi SMS,
    What a nightmare for you!

From what I can gather Rossendales shouldn't be adding all those fees.
    Check out this thread for fees they may charge for C Tax debts:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...51&postcount=3

and this one, for what they can and more importantly can't do:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=14113

You need to get organised and sort them out. Keep everything in writing from now on.
    Do you have a letter from the Council confirming the amount of the bill, and that it has been paid? If not, you need to ask for one.

Re the levy on the neighbours car...I may be wrong but would have thought it was up to them to prove it was your vehicle. However, if you have the registration number and make, perhaps you could write to the DVLC briefly explaining the circumstances and asking for a letter confirming that the vehicle is not registered in your name.

You need to send a Subject Access Request to Rossendales to establish what the charges are allegedly for:
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...6143#post96143

and assert that the amount is disputed, asking them to hold further action until you have all the details, and asking for a copy of their complaints procedure.

Hopefully others more knowledgeable in this specific subject will be along to advise too.

kind regards,

Shepherdess

Comment

Re: Hi everyone-problems with Rossendales!

Originally posted by sms98 View Post
      I have since paid off the full debt to the council after paying £120.00 to Rossendale.
      What was this £120 for?

Comment

Re: Hi everyone-problems with Rossendales!

Originally posted by Amy View Post
        What was this £120 for?
        Hi This was a payment towards the cost they said I owed. I had paid this before I went to the council to ask about the amount of council tax I owed and before I realised what they were allowed to charge me

Comment

Have you sent your SAR yet?

Comment

HI,

Sorry it's been a while! I have now sent off my SAR to Rossendales. I received a confirmation letter yesterday saying that they are collating all the information and will send it when it is done. However on returning home from taking my daughter to hospital this morning I have recieved a letter from one of their bailiffs saying I now owe £124.50 instead of £134.50. I think they have used the £10.00 I gave them for the SAR, after specifying that it was only meant for the SAR. Also they have put that if it is not paid Court proceedings will take place! As I have said before all debt has been paid directly to the council ( I have confirmation of this) and also already having paid £120 to Rossendales before I knew what my rights were. Can they send out bailiffs whilst there is a SAR being asked for?

Comment

No, they cannot. Wait for the 40 days to be up, remind them about their obligations to you and then sue them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X