• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hasty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hasty

Hi

I had a ccj which I paid in full including court fees. As far as I was concerned it was finished with. A few days after my cheque had been sent. I had a visit from marstons. There was an open letter put through my door with a hand wriiten note with a mobile no. saying I owed this debt with huge charges on. I rang the people that I sent the cheque to and they said they had it. I just ignored his letter because as far as I was concerened the debt had been paid. A couple of weeks later I got a posted letter from marstons to say that they had contact from the company I owed money to to say they had confirmation from them that it had been paid in full but I owed them £700.00 for them calling out??? then the following day had another open letter put through my door saying they had been with a van and that I now owed £1200.00 . The next day I had a letter from marston to say that because the bailff had called 3 times and could not get me the case was being reffered back to their client. Then the following evening I was in the garden with my daughter and the man arrived again in a small van. He said he had come to collect the money or he would take my car?. I looked at him and said you must be joking. I have paid in full the ccj & court fee and my cheque had bee cashed. He said he new nothing of that. He was ok with me after that. He left another letter as proof he had been just saying what I had told him. He said if he had to come again the fee will go up again. I have since had a woman ringing me constantly saying she is from the High Court and that I owe £1200.00 and I must pay it straight away.?? I told her I owe them nothing and put the phone down on her. Whats with these people??
    How do I stand? I dont want to go to the expense of getting a solicitor when I have paid. Help?

Re: hasty

If you are absolutely positive and you have proof that everything is paid, then write to Marston including any proof you have.

They cannot collect on a debt that doesn't exist.

Comment

Re: hasty

Thanks for the quick reply Amy.

I will write to them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X