• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff removed my van and tools...Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff removed my van and tools...Help

Hi, a newbie here!

Last Thursday, as I was attending a wedding abroad, my Van and tools were taken by Jacobs Enforcement. They left no paperwork just a mobile number. They are demanding £2700 plus £40 a day storage. I have untill Wednesday to cough up the cash...... or they will sell at auction!

This is to do with unpaid pcn's

A. Can they take a work vehicle ( Worth Approx £7000.00).

B. Can they take my Tools (Approx £8000.00 to replace).

C. It is my sole vehicle, for work only, insured as business, I am self employed.

Any advice would be great.

Re: Bailiff removed my van and tools...Help

A quote from another post -
    It is important to note that under Section 54 of the Magistrate Courts Rules it expressly prohibits bailiffs from removing a vehicle used in the course of employment.

Comment

Re: Bailiff removed my van and tools...Help

as far as ik now the bailiff can only seize good valued at enough to cover the debt. Taking 15 grands worth of goods for a 2700 debt seems out of proportion. Taking your livelihood away is also not allowed. Put this view in writing to the bailff (send special delivery to his office) While the bailff wont care about these rules, personally I would be instructing a solicitor to pursue the bailiff.

If you cannot get the bailiff to provide paperwork or contact details (eg, they only let you have their mobile number) then go immediately to the magistrates court and file the form attached to http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=14113. Fill in as much detail as you can and outline in the complaint box that they took work vehicle and tools, as well as denied you access to paperwork and denied you their true contact details and registered office address.

Ministry of Justice Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Bill:
      Schedule 12 – Taking Control of Goods, Para 3, General interpretation
      132. An enforcement agent will only be able to take control of goods that are not exempt from seizure. The list of exempt goods will be included in the regulations.
      133. Exempt goods will include tools ... vehicles and other items of equipment as are necessary to the debtor for use personally by him in his employment, business or vocation;
      Advice given is offered as personal opinion only. I always recommend you seek professional legal advice.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X