• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyns ! Bogus Visits And Accessing Another Persons Debt Via My Ref Number With Them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyns ! Bogus Visits And Accessing Another Persons Debt Via My Ref Number With Them

HI, New here, sorry if post is long but including everthing up to todays date to get the best advice

having major issues with newlyns, i contacted them as my local council told me they had passed my details onto newlyns,
    i arranged to make a payment at the begining of the month, and then forced into making weekly payments !
    i was meant to make the first payment 5th july, i rang in to say my wages had not yet gone in, and would pay as soon as they did go in, i also said as i am payed monthly i will make all future payments monthly,
    and was told yes thats fine, add up weekly payments and pay at start of month in future ! GREAT so i thought !
    on the 8th july i made a payment of £64.00 which was £14.00 more than arranged to pay ! recieved a letter saying i then only owe £138.33 pay off monthly , as agreed .
    I find i can pay online so had a look at my account , yep all my details there how much i owe etc, then see we also hold the following accounts for you ! so i go down the page and there is listed 3 more debts owing to newlyns only problem is...............
    THEY ARE ALL FOR A DIFFERENT ADDRESS DOWN MY STREET !!!!!!!!!!!!
    IT states a different NAME different house NUMBER and different contact number ! Luckly enough this person happens to be my sister !
    Didnt bother wasting my money on a phone call to them over this, as was just going to have it out with them ,when i rang in to make my next payment .
    However today i get 6 phone calls from them each time i answer there was no one on the other end ! so i phone them and am told there ringing as ive made no payments on my account i point out yes i have , she then finds the payment ive made and says oh yes i see whats happened ! but doesnt tell me whats happened ! she then says ive missed payments ! i ask how as im not due to make a payment for another 3 days ! as i arranged to make 1 payment a month ! she says yes thats fine make it by friday , i then ask her how come i can access someones elses info on my account she tells me i cant ! tell her i can and will print it off and send it in for a FULL EXPLANATION, i end the call, i then go online to print my account off , and find i know owe £241.33 !!!!!!!!!!!! So back on the phone i go , where im told a baliff came to my house on 26 th july and 2nd august ! told her i have not had any visits she tells me yes you have and the baliff put a sealed letter through your door on both visits ! UNLESS MY DOOR EATS LETTERS IVE HAD NO VISITS AND NO LETTERS !!!!!! she tells me first visit cost £24.00 + vat 2nd visit £18.00+vat which has been billed to my account ! ask her what address they came to and what number she tells me my address, thought id check it wasnt my sisters address ! i ask her how i can access my sisters details on my account she says i can access any accounts held at my address online point out we dont live at the same address !!!! cant get the point across for her to understand WE HAVE DIFFERENT HOUSES ! thick b###h !!!!!!!!!:cry:! i ask her how to make a complaint about the charges and point out under data protection act they are allowing me access to personal information they hold about someone else ! she tells me there not as its at my address , ( could slap her at this point ! ):tinysmile_aha_t: she just tells me to write in and complain !

SO WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE PUT THE ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE ? Untill they sort out the bogus baliff visits and whilst i can still access other peoples debts on my account and how far can i take it and where to that i can access my sisters details on my account ? any help gratefuly recieved Thanks x

Re: Newlyns ! Bogus Visits And Accessing Another Persons Debt Via My Ref Number With

Look here for details on what to do.

Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Re: Newlyns ! Bogus Visits And Accessing Another Persons Debt Via My Ref Number With

thanks just had a look but didnt seem relevant to my complaint , just advice on not letting them in under council tax part .

Comment

Read it again. In particular the part titled Making a Complaint

With regard to placing the account in dispute, you cannot. Council tax must be paid, it is a priority debt.

Comment

yep read that thanks so how should i go about the fact they are allowing me to access another address and persons details on my account, would that come under data protection act ?

Comment

Yes it does, but what do you want to do about it? It is not your place to take any action, even if you could. This is the responsibility of the Information Commissioner's Office.

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
              Yes it does, but what do you want to do about it? It is not your place to take any action, even if you could. This is the responsibility of the Information Commissioner's Office.
              had it not of been my sister that lived at that address and someone i didnt know , it would be a different matter ! so do we both complain to the commissioners office ?

Comment

Yes, by all means do so.

Comment

With regard to placing the account in dispute, you cannot. Council tax must be paid, it is a priority debt.[/quote]
                  i ahve put the account into dispute with them, i pointed out that although i did not dispute the amount of council tax owed , i was disputing there charges , this has been confirmed that the charges are in dispute, have aslo sent the letter out linning my complaints, and given them 14 days to answer my complaints, also given a copy of the letter to my local council, they have spoken to me and newlyns and given newlyns 7 days to answer my complaints and to answer the council, about my complaints i have raised. also my council confirmed i do not have to pay a fee to newlyns to ask for information , all information should be supplied free of charge for anyone making a SAR, and also it was confirmed that you can dispute newlyns charges, which puts the account in dispute, as long as you make it clear you do not dispute the council tax, and also get it noted that all payments sent are towards paying off the council tax and not the newlyns charges.

Comment

RESULT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Recieved today a letter from newlyns..................
                    they have decided to void all charges made to my account with them !!!!!!!
                    my balance on my account is £0.00 !!!!!!!!!!!
                    EVEN THOUGH THEY STILL STATE A BAILIFF DID VISIT !!

Comment

I should think so too, well done xx

Comment

Very well done!

This is good news for all concerned and remember, NEVER give up.

Cheers.

Comment

there was no way i was giving up with newlyns, i knew 100% they had not been to my home, how they keep getting away with the bogus visits is beyond me !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X