• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales - some things dont add up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales - some things dont add up

For the past few weeks have been reading through posts on here, would just like to ask a few questions really,
    If i have 2 liabilty orders outstanding , a bailiff came round and gave me two seperate walking possession notices for each account both had same visits fees for same day, both levy fees for same date and walking possession fee for same day so he actually charged me twice for this and also for each of the walking possession notice he levued the same car on each notice.
    Is this correct as thought how ever many liabilty notices they come with they can only charge one set of fees, and they cant levy the same thing twice.

Also a question about the fee for a van coming what im confused about is if a car is levied how can he come in a transit van to take it away, surely it would be a tow truck. so are they correct in charging for something that would be no good to transport the collected vehicle that they said they had come to seize.
    any advise would be great thankyou x

Re: Rossendales - some things dont add up

Have you let them into your home?

Comment

I stood at the doorstep with them and signed walking possession notice as i didnt know what i know now. On a more recent one i was asked what else she could levy on she said she needed 10 things to put down and most of them were wrong makes of things she never saw them.

Comment

What did the bailiff actually levy on, if they did not enter your house?

Have you read the bailiff guide here? Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

This is highly irregular and you should take this up with your local authority, which is it by the way?

Comment

My car out side,
          TV
          microwave
          2 tables
          table and four chairs
          dvd player
          digi box
          sky box
          wall mirror

north yorkshire council

Comment

How many people live in your house and if they are proposing to take three tables and four chairs, where will you sit and eat your meals for example? Do you have other tables, besides the three that now "belong" to the bailiff?

Comment

2 adults and two children, im not too bothered about furniture as i know we will be payin it monthly what im more bothered about is what i put in my orginal post about their fees, if you have any ideas on that would gratefully be appreciated x

Comment

Meg, you cannot be charged anything other than for 2 visits for each liability order and then only if the visits were made on separate days.

He hasn't been inside your property, so the whole levy is invalid.

Comment

Send them the Subject Access Request from the bailiff guide link I posted above, which will expose their fees for what they are, unjustified and unlawful.

The furniture issue matters because it points towards making this levy irregular, notwithstanding the issue over the charges. For more information, look here, post #13 Council Tax/CCS Enforcement - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Thankyou to both of you, regarding the levy been invalid as it would be their word against mine about entering my house, the only come back i have got is that the bailiff said she had to write ten things down, and most of them were incorrect make and wrong size tv, but she did put my car down which have found out that it had been levied earlier on in the year by another rossendale bailiff regarding a different liabilty order, have been told that this is wrong also.

Comment

Let's see what they come back with first, so get that SAR in the post.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X