• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help! Bailiffs levied my fathers vehicles on my drive!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! Bailiffs levied my fathers vehicles on my drive!

I have had the ballifs at my door for non payment of council tax. I would not let them in but I have offered to pay by instalments. They will not do this so they put a levy on the cars on my drive. I explained that they were not my cars but my father has long termed lent them to us to help us get out of debt, (I lost a lot of money in my buissness) when my father lowened them to me and my wife he put them in our names so he did not get any driving fines! However he does have reciepts for the vechiles in his name and at his home address. I explained this to them and said if they wait thirty minutes he could be here with his reciepts but they would not wait and leveyed the vechiles. this happened on two seperate occassions one for each vechile. I have had some amazingly high bills for a baliff and a van attendence fee. I am not sure how they expect to move it with a van?
    How do I stand can they really levy the vechiles?
    I thought a v5 does not state ownership but the keeper of the vechile?
    help would really be appreciated.

Re: help! Ballifs levyed my fathers vechiles on my drive!

You need to have a thorough read of the bailiff guide, here Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

In the meantime, try not to worry about the levy fees too much, because they really are inconsequential and can be easily dealt with.

Is the levy fee the first dealings you have had with these bailiffs?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X