• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons Bailiffs - Please advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons Bailiffs - Please advise

Hi I'm new here and could do with a little advice.

In 2007 I was fined for a driving offense. I wont go into detail as it's boring.

After paying over 50% of the fine due to a serious illness I had to give up work and must admit it slipped my mind. At 7am this morning there was a knock on the door from a Marstons Bailiff. I tried to explain the situation to him and he just said' Well everyone has a story, Pay now or I come in and take your belongings. Which I know he has a right to do as it is a Court Distress Warrent. After a lot of pleading, begging and crying I managed to get him to give me a month to get the money together. The outstanding on the fine is £135 and they want £410.

Firstly I own next to nothing here although my name is on the lease my son owns most of the stuff in the house although I don't know how to prove it.

Second should I contact the court and see if I can just pay them the £135 outstanding.

I don't dispute there is outstanding to pay and I want to pay it but I am on benefits and this is just impossible.

If anyone could help that would be great.

Thank you in advance
    :cry:

Re: Marstons Bailiffs - Please advise

You should consider sending the bailiff company a Subject Access Request, which you can find within this link Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

I believe the fees Marston's can charge are capped at £200, so it should be interesting what they reply with.

Comment

That is brilliant. That letter will definitely be going off.

I sopke to the court yesterday and they said the debt had been sent to the Bailiff in January and the first I heard was Yesterday so I really don't know how the charges are made up

Comment

Make sure you get a Certificate of Posting (this is free).

Comment

i suggest you complain to the credit services assoication about the bailiff's behaviour go to the CSA web site and read the rules and regulation marston are "meant" to follow it worked for me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X