• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn PLC: Charges

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyn PLC: Charges

I will try and keep this as short as possible!

I received a letter on the 26th may in regards to a car parking fine my partner received some time ago, from Newlyn PLC the letter was as follows:

date 24th May 2010

Notice of Seizure
    Road Traffic Contravention
    penalty charge £110.00
    fees: 13.16
    Total outstanding 123.16

We have been instructed by the Liverpool City Council to recover the above penalty by way of distraint action. Should you fail to contact us immediately with your proposals to discharge the debt, our BAILIFF will attend your premises with a REMOVAL VAN and porter, without further notice.
    TO SEIZE AND DISTRAIN such of your goods and chattels as may be required to satisfy the costs of Auction Sale and Removal, together with the penalty charge due to Liverpool City Council.

And further take notice that unless the total amount outstanding of 123.16 is paid immediately the goods so distrained will be sold in accordance with the law.

Certificated Bailiff

Which stupidly enough i put to one side to deal with but completely forgot all about it( maybe the fact im 7 months pregnant didn't help the matter)
    To come home today and find another letter stating the following:

22nd june
    FINAL NOTICE BAILIFF REMOVAL
    TOTAL OUTSTANDING 317.04

I will be attending your property within the next seven days to remove your goods to settle your outstanding debt.
    At the time of my visit i may remove without further notice goods including motor vehicles even in your absence.
    DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER
    CONTACT ME NOW
    OFFICE AGENT

So immediatley contacted them to apologise for missing the payment stated my circumstances and was advised i have 7 days to pay the amount in full, if this was not paid more charges would be occured, including my car being put into the number recognition vans and being seized if spotted by the van.
    However when i first called they asked me what was on the letter as the amount showing owed i advised 317.04 which i was told nope thats wrong its now 380.04, which i then disputed with the guy who put me on hold and came back to tell me this was an error on the bailiffs behalf the mount is 317.04 which i found very strange as he could not answer the question why had it gone up.

Anyone cutting a very long story short, my partner runs an electrical contracting company here in the uk and he knows his rights, when he seen me upset when he came home from work he immediatley called them to dispute the charges etc and paid the original fine amount but refused to pay the charges, as they were stating somebody had attended our home on the 9th june, leaving no note or letter to say they had attended, charging us £145.52 plus vat. After a very long and drawn out call my partner refused point blank to pay the charges as there was no way they attended our home on that particular day as i was home all day plus we have CCTV on our property that could verify this. I just need help on what to do as there balance is still showing as 170.05 that we owe and they refuse to put the account on hold while there is an ongoing dispute? They advised us if it is not paid by 2nd july more charges would be applied ? Can somebody please please help me as im at my wits end with this company and now being 8 months pregnant i cannot be dealing with this stress! Thanks

Re: Newlyn PLC: Charges

Send the bailiff SAR from this link Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum and have them explain to you how they have arrived at these figures because they appear to have been plucked from thin air.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X