• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

i v lost my son

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i v lost my son

Last year my son was killed at work where i sent him , He had been living with his girlfriend for 2 years . his only will was from when he was in the army not mentioning the girl . his insurance paid her 200k and the house was paid off i v no issue with that .
    But she will not allow me access to his estate ie his crash motorbike and leather jacket and of course the ASHES .
    My solisitor has sent her 3 letters telling her she has no legal rights at all
    still she refuses . I have probate i am his legal next of kin .
    I believe she has moved in with her father taking my sons estate with her .
    i do not know how to approach her . should i go to the door and demand which i know will cause trouble .( my other 3 sons are very angry I brought up my sons myself )or should i get a bayliff to save any more upset ?????

Last edited by Amy; 8th June 2010, 12:25:PM. Reason: Removing personal email address

Re: i v lost my son

Red, I've removed your email address as it might cause you to receive spam. It's probably safer for you if you receive replies on this thread.

With regard to your problem, have you spoken to your son's girlfriend? Talking face to face is probably the best advice at the moment.

Comment

Red

Sorry about your loss but I agree with amy your best course of action may be to sit down and write a letter explaining your feelings .Try to get across exactly what you are asking for .It would take a really cold person to ignore the heartfelt please of a grieving mother .

best of luck

Jim

Comment

i have but just received abuse
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Mother ??? she was his girlfriend . and i have written on many ocassions and tried to talk but she seems completly thoughtless of my and my families loss . she only new him 2 years .
        Last edited by red123; 9th June 2010, 06:49:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Hi Red

A very warm welcome to Legal Beagles.

I was so sorry to hear about your loss of your son.

It may be the only way to get through to her is to send a solicitors letter or if you are in contact with any of his friends then maybe they could mediate with her.

I was totally shocked that she only being the girlfriend got the payout from the Army and not his estate?

Tuttsi x

Comment

Can I ask who is the executor of the will?
            His girlfriend was not in the will and has only received the insurance that she was entitled to, but has kept all his other belongings and his ashes as well is that correct?

Comment

Hiya

Its my belief that unless she was named in his will as beneficiary then everything should have gone to his nearest relative.
              I believe this to be true as my partner and I are just investigating this ourselves and are in the process of finding a decent solicitor to write our wills, as we want us both to be protected in case anything happens.

Here's a link to advice now, click on the wills and inheriting section LivingTogether - Advicenow

Comment

Originally posted by wahoo_thomas View Post
                Red

Sorry about your loss but I agree with amy your best course of action may be to sit down and write a letter explaining your feelings .Try to get across exactly what you are asking for .It would take a really cold person to ignore the heartfelt please of a grieving mother .

best of luck

Jim
                Originally posted by red123 View Post
                Mother ??? she was his girlfriend . and i have written on many ocassions and tried to talk but she seems completly thoughtless of my and my families loss . she only new him 2 years .
                I think he meant you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X