• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council tax -Bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council tax -Bailiff

Firstly thankyou to all for your welcome, I have for the last year battling with my local council, the tax i owe is £900.00p, i might add that this is making me very ill indeed, even my twelve year old is noticing, i dont sleep, i feel sick, there is more on my state of well being, but i'll leave it at that. my hubby is self employed, last april i put in his income, for the year 2008-2009, for council tax benefit, from april 2009 up until jan 2010, money has been really tight, i he's earned £3000, he hasnt had much work, since january 10, 5 hrs a week if that. not for the want of trying, i get £500 a month. Anyway last april i completed a benefit form for council tax, and the information that was not available was taken to the local council offices at a later date, i had a receipt for the information, but put it 'safe', now the council are asking for a copy of the receipt in order to backdate my claim, they are charging full monthly payments of £114. the problem i have is finding it, but i have told them that when the receipt was given, mistakes were made, this was due to the woman behind the desk more interested in her personal life, i realised, and took it back to the woman to put the correct info on imy receipt, and she signed it. I have had the bailiff call, and its stressing me right out , i'm living on shoestring, and never will i let him in, but i would like the council to sort this out. i havent got £900.00, i did point out in one letter that this was leaving me vulnerable, and stressed out, and that if they had the counterpart of the receipt then they would see the mistake and that i am not lying, i havent told them what mistake was made. this is for them to work out. i have spoke to the bailiff, and told him I am trying to sort it out. not to helpful, hope i make some sense.

Please help

kind regards moon-shadow

Re: Council tax -Bailiff

Local councils really do annoy the hell out of me. Their ineptitude and lackadaisical attitude to their work (ie what they get paid to do) knows no bounds.

You need to carry on pushing this with your council until they do something and also carry on what you're doing with the bailiff - and that is to keep him out, no matter what.

If you need any further help, just post back here.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
      Local councils really do annoy the hell out of me. Their ineptitude and lackadaisical attitude to their work (ie what they get paid to do) knows no bounds.

You need to carry on pushing this with your council until they do something and also carry on what you're doing with the bailiff - and that is to keep him out, no matter what.

If you need any further help, just post back here.
      Thankyou for your reply, i did think to write and fax for speed, and ask for a copy of their receipt, as this seems to be the hurdle, wonder if they still got it:mmph:?
      A huge thankyou for help
      Kind regards moon-shadow

Comment

If your council has a social welfare department get in touch with them. I am in debt with rent and council tax and some non priority debts and they have been wonderfull in helping me. You should try to pay the council tax a regular amount each week/month and when they see you doing this the should accept this.

Comment

Originally posted by gizzemo View Post
          If your council has a social welfare department get in touch with them. I am in debt with rent and council tax and some non priority debts and they have been wonderfull in helping me. You should try to pay the council tax a regular amount each week/month and when they see you doing this the should accept this.
          Thanks for yor advice, i'll try it.

thanks again
          moonshadow

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X