• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JBW Group sending bailliffs for a driving fine I have never seen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBW Group sending bailliffs for a driving fine I have never seen

Hi there,

3 weeks ago (late March 2010) I received a letter from JBW Group informing me of a traffic violation from August 2009 (driving the wrong way down a one-way; I don't recall doing it, but it is quite possible as the time and place are likely), and asking for payment of about £250. I immediately phoned them up to find out more about the contravention and ask why it was my first notice of it. They said I was to phone Islington council for details. I phoned several times and left at least THREE voicemails over the following weeks, seeking proof of the contravention and trying to understand why I had still never received anything from the council for this.

Last week I then received another letter from JBW stating the fine had been increased to £434, and then today I have received another letter "NOTICE OF REMOVAL" saying that they would be sending bailliffs. I have now phoned them again to understand more about this and been told that they will be clamping my car in the morning and sending bailliffs to the door, further increasing the charge.

I am enraged as I would obviously have paid the fine in the first 2 weeks IF I HAD KNOWN ABOUT IT. Whilst waiting for the council to return my calls and supply me with basic information that I should always have had I have incurred £200 more fines already!

I am likely to pay the money tonight in order to shut JBW Group up, but I would like to know how I can go about reclaiming the money - how do I complain about the lack of service from Islington council?

Any help or advice appreciated!

Re: JBW Group sending bailliffs for a driving fine I have never seen

Hi there

I just had a similar experience where I was sent a NOTICE OF REMOVAL letter yesterday for a fine that I had incurred in DEC 08! At the time I had challenged the fine as I had never received an original letter stating what needed to be done. Anyway, I phoned Islington Council Bailiff Team and spoke to a guy called Sheriff (who was very good) and instead of paying the £433.86 that JBW Group were insisting on, Sheriff agreed to the original charge of £65.
    He has just sent an emailing telling the monkeys at JBW Group that the issue has been resolved.
    I would recommend you call Sheriff at Islington Council on 0207 527 6646 or one of his colleagues on 0207 527 6253/1414.

Hope this helps!

ps If anyone from JBW Group turns up now, I will not be a happy chappy.

Comment

Re: JBW Group sending bailliffs for a driving fine I have never seen

The parking section over at www.pepipoo.com is very good at advising on the steps you would need to take to contact the local authority with regards to the FPN that has been issued in respect of your vehicle, but does not appear to have been received by yourself.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X