• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiffs illegally attempt to break in at wrong address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiffs illegally attempt to break in at wrong address

Hi, wondering if anyone can give me some advice - long story - and having a brief knowledge of history may help - my ex dissapeared with my daughter and our local social services ignored my concerns (much to the same as baby P) i was advised i was not allowed in my house [by solicitors / refuge / authorities] so it was left empty or a year and i did this just to gain access to my daughter( which got frustrated) - the house remained unoccupied until repossessed

I have have full custody of my daughter and have made a massive complaint to my local council for not protecting my daughter

Since making this complaint the council are sending baliffs round for council tax arrears (should be exempt cos not living in house nor own it) and have bee harrassing my parents address for me - (seems to much of a coincidence)

My parents (dad very ill and disabled) have already told them twice that i do not live at their address. today they came round and forced entry while my 3 year old daughter was there - they have done damage to door and also left a card to seize my dads car - they have also tried to gain entry to the car and damaged his car

how do we stand - my parents are currently returning from a holiday due to the house now being insecure

also my dad now cannot drive the car due to the lock being damaged (and he is disabled and its his way of transport)

they left a card saying they are going to seize my dads car

my daughter has become quite traumatised and what she went through in past she does not need this again

We called police after they have left

Re: Ballifs illegalliy attemp to break in at wrong address

Who is the named person on the Liability Order which authorises bailiff action?

Comment

Re: Ballifs illegalliy attemp to break in at wrong address

we have none that i know of they - just left a card notice of seizure and wrote my dads car no on it n tried to enter property and car

Comment

Re: Ballifs illegally attemp to break in at wrong address

Have you read this guide? Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Pay particular attention to the paragraph regarding council tax. The bailiffs must have been instructed by somebody and if this alleged debt relates to council tax, the local authority will be the instructing party. In which case, you must contact the authority and have them call off the bailiffs until this situation is sorted out.

Comment

Re: Bailiffs illegally attempt to break in at wrong address

it is council tax - as said, solicitors n authorities said there was charge on property n i wasnt allowed in the property so i was homeless - been advised that due to i was not in house no council tax is due

been a complete mess up with authorities n they have been hassling us since we put our complaint in for not protecting my daughter

i am using the address for mail (its a cc address)

written to my local MP n my dad contacting council in morn also getting the crime ref no for damage

Comment

Hi with ref to my issues with bailiffs, noone is taken responsibility for the damage done to my parents property

the debt is under despute as i was advised not to enter my house - therefore was except they have made my ex - who dissapeared excempt from council tax

just received a very nasty letter n very worried - im not paying nothing that i dont owe - plus i lost everything when the council failied my daughter when my ex dissapeared with her

Comment

Who is the letter from and what have the council said about your Liability Order?

Comment

its from whyte & co

they now say i owe money even though property was empty

council said i was except now saying im not

Comment

Do you have any proof that the council told you you were exempt?

Comment

yes it was an email but lost it when i lost my house

we have got loads of evidence with us now which they failed us in my case which lost me my house n business

Comment

You need to keep on at the council about the damage done to your property and your car and ask them what they propose doing about it. You need to ensure they take the debt back from the bailiffs too.

You need to do all this in writing.

Have you checked to see if the bailiff is certificated?

Comment

i am writing to the bailiffs on behalf of my parents as we speak

the council have said they are not responsible for damage (and also they had to return back from holidays) but i read in here they are responsible

basicaly thurrock social services failed us big time - and i was ignored for simply being a man and my daughters life was put at risk - we are taking ss to court and since the complaint they started harrassing us

Comment

The council are very much responsible since they are the employers of the bailiffs. So whatever the bailiffs do or do not do is with the approval of the council and it is up to the council to deal with this.

While I understand you have a major gripe with the council with regard to your daughter, you need to separate these issues.

Have you sent the council a Subject Access Request?

Comment

what is a subject access request

Comment

Did you not read the link given to you in post #4?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X