• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Made bailiff payment under duress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Made bailiff payment under duress

Originally posted by olaoni View Post
    Words can not express how grateful I am for the support that you have given thus far. For years I have been intimidated by bailifs. But now I feel I am beginning to understand that these guys are not untouchable as they always claim to be.
    You are very welcome.

I shall be calling my credit card company later on today and request for a charge back form. I understand that I don't have to disclose my reason for requesting this form should I wish not to.
    Correct, but you might not get through to the cleverest person in the world. Don't give up, just ask to speak with someone who will help you.

Before I get carried away I thought I should confirm if the Levy fee and the visa card commission are the only entries that I should put on the chargeback form.
    No, do not include the levy fee. The reason for the chargeback is the fraud on your card and the fraud is the credit card fee you have been charged.

Secondly regarding making a complaint. Should I send for a Subject Access Request (SAR) letter with the maximum statutory fee of £10 as indicated in the section making a complaint in the link you sent.
    I don't think there is much point in this. You have the letter you posted and your credit card receipt.

Get the chargeback form and we'll go from there.

Comment

Hi Amy,

Happy New Year to you and the team. Sorry for the delay in responding. I made a request for a charge back form from my credit card issuer on the 4th January 2010 and still expecting its arrival. If I don't get it by the early part of next week I will call them again to query why it was not delivered as agreed.

Regards

Ola Oni

Comment

Hi Amy,

I called up my credit card issurer (Barclaycard) and informed them I have not received the chargeback form I requested on the 4th of January 2010. I was told that the form was sent out on the 4th and probably because of the bad weather conditions thats why I have not received it yet.

The person I spoke to said she can't send out another form unless I send her prove(receipt) of this payment and give details in writting of the amount I am disputing for and why.

Please advise

Regards

Ola Oni

Comment

Well I suppose it could be down to the bad weather, but I cannot see why you need to put in writing why you require this form when you did not have to do this the first time.

You should ask to speak with someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
            Well I suppose it could be down to the bad weather, but I cannot see why you need to put in writing why you require this form when you did not have to do this the first time.

You should ask to speak with someone else.
            Hi Amy,

I called the credit card issurer today and was told that, I don't have to send a written letter but they want to see proof of the transaction which I am requesting a chargeback form. I was told to highlight the amount on which the dispute is for.

Regards

Ola Oni

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X