• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police help

I would just like to tell you that the police phoned up rossendales yesterday to tell them that if they try to take my vehicle anyone involved would be arrested for theft as the police officer concerned knew the law regarding excempt items.I found the police really understanding and sympathetic and was wondering why all police officers are not trained correctly in the laws of what bailiffs can and cannot do.So due to my own experience i would tell anyone who is sure the bailiffs are acting unlawfuly to phone the police.
    Thanks Durham police.
    ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
    I would also like to say that after contacting my local mp who is Helen Goodman she used her position and phoned up the council who put a stop to the bailiffs trying to recover my works vehicle.
    Last edited by countrygardener; 14th November 2009, 14:49:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Re: Police help

You need to make sure that your council are made aware that they are vicariously liable in this matter and equally culpable for the unlawful actions of Rossendales. You should write to them and inform them that unless they take their responsibilities under the law seriously, you will take action against them directly.

I would also write to Durham police and thank them for their attention in this matter.

Comment

Re: Police help

I will do and i am really grateful to this site for the help i have recieved.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X