• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jacobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jacobs

Originally posted by queen8itch View Post
    did`nt know i could complain about him, but now i know i`ll set that in motion, thankyou. the bill was for £280, with his charges added it`s boosted it upto £568. i have since had a amended bill stating the bill has been lowered by £100. the cheek of this man!!! thankyou amy, you have been a great help to me.
    This is WRONG...why have the charges only been reduced by £100 !!

ALL CHARGES associated with is levy MUST be removed immediately and REPLACED with a fee of £24.50 for "attending to levy..where NO levy was made" (this is the official wording from the Statutory Regulations laid down by Parliament "
    Bailiff Advice Online

Comment

I`d just like to give everyone a huge thankyou. Without the advise you have given me, I would of been at my wits end. Am now in the process of writing the letter of complaint, a copy to be sent to Jacobs and 1 to the council tax office. I will also keep a third copy for myself. He did discuss my business with the neighbour, who told me when I got in from work. I`ve read the bailiff guide, I found it very informative. I will keep you posted if anything else goes on. Again a big THANKYOU TO YOU ALL.

Comment

You're very welcome and if you would like us to check your letter over for you before you send it, then please do post it up here xx

Comment

just had a phone call from the bailiff in question, who wants £250 for dinner time tomorrow. If i can`t give it him, he`s going to inform the police to come out to me. am getting so fed up with his threatening behaviour and his bad attitude towards me. i have been calm and civil with him all the way, but he does`nt half think he`s god with his smarmy attitude. i will be at work tomorrow, so there`ll be no one here until gone 3.00pm. is the threat of police just another tactic i wonder? i know he can only get a warrant if there maybe a disturbance of the peace, i have used threatening behaviour towards him, or there is mental issues. i have used none of the above, nor do i suffer with mental problems, unless you count him!! he has added £250 onto the bill for removal of the clamp. i have the clamp in the hallway, which a neighbour removed for me with a piece of wood, which he used in a crowbar fashion. have told him i will be putting a letter of complaint in against him, which he said he was`nt bothered about. what is the likelihood of me getting arrested for this? and also, am i likely to come home from work tomorrow to find the house emptied??

Comment

can`t even find his name on the certificated bailiffs register on the court web site

Comment

Originally posted by queen8itch View Post
              just had a phone call from the bailiff in question, who wants £250 for dinner time tomorrow. If i can`t give it him, he`s going to inform the police to come out to me. am getting so fed up with his threatening behaviour and his bad attitude towards me. i have been calm and civil with him all the way, but he does`nt half think he`s god with his smarmy attitude. i will be at work tomorrow, so there`ll be no one here until gone 3.00pm. is the threat of police just another tactic i wonder? i know he can only get a warrant if there maybe a disturbance of the peace, i have used threatening behaviour towards him, or there is mental issues. i have used none of the above, nor do i suffer with mental problems, unless you count him!! he has added £250 onto the bill for removal of the clamp. i have the clamp in the hallway, which a neighbour removed for me with a piece of wood, which he used in a crowbar fashion. have told him i will be putting a letter of complaint in against him, which he said he was`nt bothered about. what is the likelihood of me getting arrested for this? and also, am i likely to come home from work tomorrow to find the house emptied??
              Sadly, it is the case that almost every query that we receive is one where the bailiff has threatened that unless payment is made he will be calling the police and a locksmith to force entry.

Let me make it clear to you. The bailiff CAN force entry IF AND ONLY IF he has PREVIOUSLY been into your home and levied upon goods and that you have then defaulted on a payment arrangement.

This is WHY it is so very dangerous to allow a bailiff to come into your home.

In your case, the bailiff CANNOT take your car and therefore UNLESS he is able to persuade you to allow him to come ( DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN) into your home there is NOTHING that he can do and he will either have to return the debt back to the council or accept a payment arrangement.
              Bailiff Advice Online.

Comment

thankyou for your reply. i`ve put the clamp in a outside cupbord for him to collect, at least that way i don`t need to open the door to him. i have txt his mobile informing him where it is, i have also took photographs of the clamp to show there has been no damage to it. i have recommended this site to all my friends, even if they don`t have problems at the moment. thankyou all so much for all the advise, it has been greatly appreciated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X