• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi To you all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi To you all

Good evening and hi to you all my name is Tony im 47 with partner and 3 kids
    ive got a problem can anyone help

Yesterday i got a mobile call on my company mobile phone from marston bailffe saying that i owed him 440.16 for an unpaid speeding fine and a distress warrent had been issued and he will be round tomorrow to take full payment or goods i explained that i get paid 31/07 and could pay 110. to which he replied by screaming down the phone tuff youve had 2 years to pay and hung up i called back and asked have you calmed down now to which he said see you tomorrow i explained that i had a morgage a secured loan and utilititlies to pay but the fine was from late last year not 2 years ago he explained that a distress warrent did not care about other bills he has bills so i should pay now or tomorrow or he will take good with a locksmith and police to which i said that if he goes there the resident who is on the electorial roll was renting it from me and i did not live there (even though i do ) all i want is Time four mths he said 4 days would be the most he would wait cant seem to get any help not even from the court payment office all they gave me was Marston phone number which is a payment centre and all they did was tell me call the bailffe and hang up any help would be greatful as to can i have time to pay can he just walk in even thou he doesnt know i live here ??
    thank you all awaiting help Tony

Re: Hi To you all

You should have a read of this Bailiff Issues - Legal Beagles in particular you should think about sending the bailiff a Subject Access Request as he appears to have plucked a figure out of thin air with regard to the fees he is charging you.

Have you seen the warrant?

It's also not usual for a bailiff to telephone you in the first instance. Visiting your property is more usual as this attracts a fee (which I'll be willing to bet he's added regardless).

If he calls you again, tell him you will be submitting a Subject Access Request to check his fees are correct.

Comment

distress warrant pls help

can i have time to pay the £440 as all i can afford is £110 a month according to Marston no now or lose it was the reply its been 2 days now since they called me and ive noone else to ask or turn to can anyone answer this as dont know what else to do
      thank you Tony
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Sorry ment to say Hi first 3 attemps to write this post
      Tony

Comment

The fees are capped at, I believe, £200.

So you need to ascertain how the figure of £440 was arrived at.

Comment

and as its been two days when he origianlly said he'd be there the next morning, then he is probably just using the scare tactics like most baillifs do.

How much was the original fine? And you have no prof tat the warrant actually exists. Do as Amy says and send an SAR. You need a breakdown of how the figure was arrived at then you can see if its correct and challenge it etc etc
          Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X