• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car parking ticket that doesn’t exist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car parking ticket that doesn’t exist

Hi guys,

I need some help with a parking ticket I received. It’s with a private uk company that gave me a ticket to pay online but upon putting the ticket number into the website with my reg plate number, it told me the ticket doesn’t exist.

I then had to work and didn’t have the time to sort it out. I then received a letter from a debt collecting agency saying they might take me to court and the fee is double.

I tried to contact the previous company but they said that they wouldn’t consider my case because I had gone past 28 days and they won’t look into anything past 28 days.

what can I do? I don’t want to pay for a ticket that doesn’t exist?

Can you post up photos of the original notice and letter from debt collectors please.
    First remove identifying details such as name & address and reference numbers, but leave in all dates and times
    Probably best done by using a hosting site such as IMGUR and posting a link here

Only deal with these companies in writing (email or snail nail); do not phone them and do not identify the driver

Comment

Hi,

I don’t have the original ticket anymore but the ticket ref number is on this letter. Every time I put that code into the llp parking website it says the ticket number is not recognised.

here is a link for a photo of the last letter I received from the debt collection company.

https://ibb.co/gSgnvQq

thank you!

Comment

DCBL are only debt collectors, and you might as well ignore them, as they won't accept any appeal you make at this stage.

You will eventually receive a "letter before Claim" from a firm of solicitors called "DCB Legal"
        When you receive that we can start on your defence if you let us know.

In the meantime if they should make contact keep everything in writing and do not identify the driver.

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that.

do you think it’s likely to go to a solicitor? Do you think I have any kind of defence since the ticket doesn’t exist?

thanks again !

Comment

It is almost bound to end up with DCB LEGAL.
            These firms only make money by "encouraging" people to pay.

If they think they have a weak case, or if the victim puts up a decent defence they do sometimes discontinue at the last moment.

Later during this process you will be able to obtain a copy of the ticket, and we can then look to helping you draft a defence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X