• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs (bailiffs) congestion (ULEZ) enforcement action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs (bailiffs) congestion (ULEZ) enforcement action

Hey guys

Unfortunately this has been a long time coming as I’ve been ignoring the costs of the ulez charges adding up and burying head in sand as one does .. looking back I definitely wouldn’t.

to put into perspective on one specific vehicle the charges are probably close to 15k.

I’ve read up a lot, I understand I don’t have to open my door or let the enforcement officer in. we have had a decent enough conversation , I’ve made him aware of my situation ( renting, bills etc). I was in employment for last 10/11 months on 23k salary but I’ve handed in notice and looking for a new job so at this moment in time unemployed but hopefully won’t last long.

my problem is in the past I have set up arrangement plans and stuck to them for 2-3 months before it’s unaffordable.

he asked for a payment of £1050, I said I can’t. He said that plus £260 a month I said it’ll be unaffordable. He left and said recovery will start inevitably. I should have said how without a CGA in place looking back.

Now I’ve written to my councillors a hour ago, online via the write to them website. Is there anything else I am able to do? I have asked them to take the cases back as it’ll be like trying to take blood from a stone and I’d rather work with the council than ignore any longer.

im not really worried as I know it isn’t magistrates related but I do want the enforcement activity at property to stop. The vehicle was parked on the drive way but it is on a HP / he didn’t bother to ask but I bet he did check it anyway. The house is rented which he did ask about.

My guess is they will keep trying for the time being? Obviously keep the door locked at all times as they can’t force entry anyway. But any other advice or solution would definitely help

thanks guys
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X