• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiffs letter CCJ wrong address

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bailiffs letter CCJ wrong address

    Hey there I received a letter from overdales last year for £25 that I refused to pay ID mobile years ago for a debt I didn't owe because the sim card they provided didn't work. They said I now owed £365 because they had taken out a CCJ.

    Today I received a letter saying they had applied for and received a bailiffs warrant, they have given me till the week to pay before sending bailiffs. This was from county court business centre.

    The CCJ was sent to an old address and I never received it. I only received letters from Overdales at my present address saying I had a CCJ but not the actual CCJ.

    Filling out an N244 will cost me £275 so I don't want to do that. Any other way I can have this removed asides from paying it? I won't be bullied into paying what I don't owe.

    Can it be overturned due to the fact the fact it was sent to an old address and I didn't receive it?

    Also I've looked online and apparently bailiffs can't force entry? Is this true? So if I don't pay and don't open the door they can't do anything?

    Has anyone else had experience of this and what happened?

    Tags: None

  • #2

    Any time you want the court to do something, you have to make an application at the then current costs which you have already identified.

    As you do not want to pay that fee, there is no other way for the CCJ to be removed and it will sit on your credit file and the register for 6 years.

    You may also have to contend with the fact that bailiffs will turn up at various points of the day, clamp any cars on your property and attempt to bully you into paying up. Yes they cannot force entry but they can open an unlocked door and walk through peacefully. If you do open the door, some bailiffs have a habit of putting their foot in the door to stop you and that would be considered force entry. You should always record your interactions with the bailiff for evidential reasons because those bailiffs doing wrongful actions tend not to turn theirs on or claim the data was deleted or lost.

    Personally I would pay the fee but if you do not want to go down that route, all I can say is good luck.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.


    • #3
      You stated in original post that you were told last year that a CCJ had been granted against you.

      The courts, in line with their procedure rules, might well ask why you have not acted more promptly (CPR 13) in seeking set aside.


      • #4
        Iíve just had one set aside but had to pay the £275 court fee. Absolute joke but no way round it


        View our Terms and Conditions

        LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

        If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

        If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.