• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parked on taxi rank - not properly signed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parked on taxi rank - not properly signed.

Hi all,

A driver parked their car in central Cheltenham and checked the ticket machine for restrictions. The signs state payment is due between 06:00 and 20:00. It was 20.15, so they assumed it was free parking. Upon returning to their car, they found a PCN on the windscreen. The ticket states Code 45: Stopped on a taxi rank. The driver was shocked and then noticed another small sign showing after 20:00; it was a taxi rank. What is more upsetting is the enforcement officer must have watched them park and immediately slapped the notice on the car, as the timestamp is 20:16, one minute after the driver parked the car.

No road markings suggest it is a taxi rank, which is pretty misleading. The enforcement officer didn't even put the correct car colour on the notice; they must have been in a hurry to issue it!

Is it pointless contesting it, should the driver just pay the reduced amount of £35?
    Tags: None

Ignore the post. I asked a friend to check the signage, and it is clear enough.

Comment

Never mind - lesson learned! I feel your pain having just paid daughter's £35 fine for driving in a bus lane...

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
        Never mind - lesson learned! I feel your pain having just paid daughter's £35 fine for driving in a bus lane...
        .....& her being a bus driver as well!

It's all about the money, ennit!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Your daughter probably forgot she was not driving her bus and automatically drove in the bus lane.

Comment

well the similarities between being a Midwifery student and ensuring you enter the correct channels may be greater than we know...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X