• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DCBL Bailiff Stole My Mobile Phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCBL Bailiff Stole My Mobile Phone

I would welcome any thoughts on something that happened last week.

DCBL turned up at my house to enforce a writ issued to a company I’m a director off.

He was telling me that he had a locksmith on way to change locks.

I thought he couldn’t do that and showed him on my mobile that I was in process of getting the original judgement set aside.

He then took my phone put it in his pocket and said it was now seized and belonged to high court. He would not allow me to show a receipt that I owned it and not the ltd company.

I’m now outside my house, no phone, too scared to go inside and apparently waiting for locksmiths to change he lock and take stuff from my flat.

I was told I had to pay even though I am not the company.

Without having my phone I could not contact anyone to find out my rights and options so I paid the bailiff.

After it happened I established he had no right to get a locksmith and had not actually seized my phone (I think it is theft).

Also overcharged big time on the statutory fees

What do you think I should do?

Lemme know if u need more info
    Tags: None

Make a formal complaint. You do not set out what status he claimed.

That you are appealing a decision should not - so far as I know - make any difference

These things depend a lot on the detail - usually a lot of detail. Be careful not to chase bad money with good.

Comment

Formal Complaint for sure in writing, follow their complaints procedure.

Taking the mobile phone is a 'no, no' for me.

What if you were a contact for a 'vulnerable' person? Who depended on your assistance.

Also it might breach data protection laws.

It might be an idea to run it past the police (non emergency number).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X