• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Baliff help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baliff help

Had a baliff come to my house twice for a person with same surname as me. I have lived at my address for 30yrs and the person they looking for has never lived at the address. i have provided them my council tax bill with my name on it but they are saying they cant accept it as it has same surname. today they whatsapp me and said they want to physically check my hose to prove this person doesnt reside at the property. How do i stand i dont want people tramping through my house looking in cupboards and going through my paper work. Help what can i do?
    Tags: None

Contact CAB, explain the situation, they will give you a Reference number.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint send it to the bailiff firm with the Reference number.

Before the Reference number write the following:

CAB / TRADING STANDARDS - Ref: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Follow their Complaint's procedure. Then you can complain to their regulator body etc.

Update the thread.

Comment

i have no ref: number for the baliff as letters come to this address and was returned to sender. the baliff left a letter but this has been chucked after i spoke to him first time as i thought it was end of mater

Comment

Originally posted by baldy1967 View Post
        i have no ref: number for the baliff as letters come to this address and was returned to sender. the baliff left a letter but this has been chucked after i spoke to him first time as i thought it was end of mater
        The Reference Number I'm referring to is one given to you by CAB.

You can use your name and address, they will track down the case details and know what you are referring too.

Comment

is it also worth reporting to action fraud? they saying everytime they do manul search it comes to my address

Comment

Originally posted by baldy1967 View Post
            is it also worth reporting to action fraud? they saying everytime they do manul search it comes to my address
            You could do, possibly 'identity theft'.

Comment

It is not for you to help the bailiff’s investigation in any way. This could be a case of identity theft, bogus bailiffs or even a scam. You need to verify and document everything from now on. Bailiffs should be spoken to through a locked door.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglandPi View Post
                It is not for you to help the bailiff’s investigation in any way. This could be a case of identity theft, bogus bailiffs or even a scam. You need to verify and document everything from now on. Bailiffs should be spoken to through a locked door.
                Possible better still ask these Bailiffs to wait at the door (DO NOT OPEN AND LET THEM IN) tell them that you are now calling the Police to confirm their identity

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X