• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abandoned vehicle on private land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoned vehicle on private land

Good evening, how do I legally remove a vehicle parked on my 81 year old mums land? I have placed signs asking for it to be removed ( the owner of the lorry has seen them) for over 6 months, it's parked across her wood shed, preventing her access to her logs for winter, she is incredibly distressed as am I. As it's private land no-one seems to want to help us ? The owner of the vehicle is aggressive . Please help
    Tags: None

Duty to remove abandoned vehicles

Councils and national park authorities (authorities) must remove abandoned vehicles from:
    • land in the open air (including private land)
    • roads (including private roads)

When removing a vehicle from land in the open air, authorities:
    • cannot charge the landowner occupier
    • must give the landowner or occupier 15 days’ notice that they propose to remove the vehicle
    • cannot remove the vehicle if the landowner or occupier objects during the notice period

The 15 day notice period does not apply if the vehicle is abandoned on a road or highway.

Authorities do not have to remove an abandoned vehicle from land in the open air if the cost of moving it to the nearest highway is high (for example, special machinery is needed).

Comment

That is really interesting Mike. Does the lorry run / have a value or is it scrap? Do you have or could you find an address for the owner?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X