• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Just had the most horrendous experience with Marston bailiff. Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had the most horrendous experience with Marston bailiff. Help

Hello everybody

I live in the Bromley (Kent/South London) area and I left my house this morning to find my car clamped with a big notice on the window.

Turns out I owe money to TFL for non paid congestion charge back in February. I acknowledge I owe it and this was an oversight on my part, I drove into London to pick up my son from St Thomas hospital after he had a procedure and being used to take the tube into London it completely slipped my mind.

Unfortunately since then I have moved house and informed my car insurance company of my change off address (and all other Institutions) but forgot to inform the DVLA I had moved (DOH) so letters have been arriving at my old address but I had no idea. Hence why I knew nothing about enforcement action.

So I called the number and spoke to ‘Mr Gray’ and I never knew there were such people in the world as this piece of shit I spoke to. I begged the man to understand my situation (I am in receipt of the care component of PIP for severe mental health issues for many many years and on universal credit with limited capability to work) and have a small income so I politely asked for a payment plan.

Mr Gray proceeded to call me a liar and an idiot and demanded I call around everybody I know and raise this money, I explained to him that I do not have 555 pound to just lay out in one go and his response was to call me a liar and hang up the phone. Every time I called back he would pick up and say ‘raised the money yet’ and each time I told him that I don’t have anybody to give me it, he would say ‘BYE’ and hang up again.

At this point I am crying my eyes out and he said ‘not interested in your tears mate, your a liar, hurry up and find a way to pay me or I will have your car towed today’

i have been going through a period of relative mental stability and this **** has set me back about 5 years, I am just about ready to kill myself, how can somebody be so vile and cruel and nasty to a person. I acknowledge I owe the money but all I am asking for is the man to be reasonable and accept a payment plan and I will pay as much as I can out of my disability each month (minimum 150).

I phoned Marstons office and they were not interested and said there was nothing they can do and it’s up to the bailiff.

Somebody please help me as he has ordered my car to be towed now so they will be here soon. I rely on my car
    Tags: None

Is the car financed?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Hi JPMERR2021

That is a horrendous experience. You need to rise above it, clearly 'zero' empathy for you or your circumstances.

You need to complain to Marston and the Council in writing, explain the background, explain what's happened (the treatment you've received by the Marston Bailiff), explain that you have disabilities, the car is essential etc.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...bout-bailiffs/

Marston - https://www.marstonholdings.co.uk/customer-faqs/
      Last edited by echat11; 24th August 2021, 15:52:PM.

Comment

No the car is not financed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X