• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff returned car, compensation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff returned car, compensation?

Good evening

After a two month back and forth with newlyn plc, my vehicle has been released. Long story short the debt was with my registered keeper and I am the owner, I proved my ownership the day it was seized in February but they kept rejecting my claim as apparently a registered keeper is the owner.

eventually emailed the CEO Paul Sharpe and recieved an email back the next day saying they were right to sieze and keep the vehicle and still reject my claim however they would release the vehicle (doesn’t make sense?). I now have it back.

my question is can I claim compensation? They had it for 66 days. I haven’t properly checked for any damage yet however I have continued to pay my insurance without access to actually drive it, have spent a lot on public transport (and taxis as I’m heavily pregnant and have a toddler, my push chair was inside the vehicle and they refused to give it back so sometimes public transport wasn’t an option as my child can’t walk far). I seem to recall reading that you can claim a daily rate for the time they wrongfully have a vehicle but can’t find it now.
    By the way this was newlyn plc.

any ideas?
    thanks!
    Tags: bailiff, debt, newlyn

Any claim you make could be counterclaimed for storage of your vehicle for 66 days which could actually be more than the amount of your claim.

Comment

Not if they gave incorrectly seized

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X