• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Removal team advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal team advice

Hi All,*

I've previously asked for advice on here about dealing with jacobs in regards to CTAX arrears. I've offered a payment plan several times which has been turned down. CAB told me to pretty much ignore them until it gets passed back to the council then i can agree a plan with them - to clarify i'm more than willing to pay, i just can't afford to pay in full.*
    The original enforcement officer was unsuccessful in his attempts to get into my house so he has passed it to the removal team who are due to attend my premises "in the coming days". He will not get in the house. But i live in a terrace house, however my rear yard has been converted into to a unlikely driveway - the only one in the street. The other bailiff never came around the back - likely difficult to find as it's a terraced house. However i do have a car parked there - the car has no MOT and hasn't since august last year and is sorn because it now does not start (needs a new battery) I originally moved it here as it needed an oil pump and was going to work on the car as a project. The alleyway and "drive" are incredibly tight as it's not designed for a car to be driven down there, it took a good 10 minutes to manoeuvre the car there - in short it's physically impossible for it to be retrieved by a tow truck and it won't start to be moved.*

My question is, if they do find the back of the house, would he try to levy the car?
    Tags: None

Unless he has taken control of any goods within your home then a "removal team" is not going to happen. You are not obliged to let them in voluntarily so forced entry is not an option either. Even if they did gain entry then the majority of goods in a home are exempt from seizure and those tht are left would attract a minimal value at auction anyway meaning it would not be worth their while.

"My question is, if they do find the back of the house, would he try to levy the car?" - would depend on its value but if access is so tight and it is a non-starter then how they would remove it is another matter.

As for trying to set up an affordable payment proposal have you spoken to your local Councillor and advised him/her that Jacobs are being unreasonable. Normally the Council prefer the debt to be paid off before they end of the financial year but that is only 3 weeks or so away so is never going to happen anyway. Even if Jacobs hand it back to the Council they are likely to give it to another enforcement company to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      Unless he has taken control of any goods within your home then a "removal team" is not going to happen. You are not obliged to let them in voluntarily so forced entry is not an option either. Even if they did gain entry then the majority of goods in a home are exempt from seizure and those tht are left would attract a minimal value at auction anyway meaning it would not be worth their while.

"My question is, if they do find the back of the house, would he try to levy the car?" - would depend on its value but if access is so tight and it is a non-starter then how they would remove it is another matter.

As for trying to set up an affordable payment proposal have you spoken to your local Councillor and advised him/her that Jacobs are being unreasonable. Normally the Council prefer the debt to be paid off before they end of the financial year but that is only 3 weeks or so away so is never going to happen anyway. Even if Jacobs hand it back to the Council they are likely to give it to another enforcement company to deal with.
      No they have never been in the house, he tried to enter previously, but as he came to walk towards the door, i stepped outside, locked the door and told him to go and sit in his car.*

the car is probably worth around £1500. but it would be impossible to move without the battery being replaced. No i haven't, how would i do this?*

Comment

You can find you local Councillor(s) at www.writetothem.com - if you can then best initial contact is via phone and in my view they should be available 7 days per week up until approx 9pm.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
          You can find you local Councillor(s) at www.writetothem.com - if you can then best initial contact is via phone and in my view they should be available 7 days per week up until approx 9pm.
          ploddertom*i have contacted the local councillor, however i have received a text today saying removal proceedings have begun. I'm not at home, my partner is with my 2 young children, she suffers from depression, several anxiety and panic attacks (all on doctors record). I'm concerned as the more we've been harassed the worse she has become. No one seems to of arrived at my premises yet, but this is making me very anxious

Comment

One thing to remember through all of this - Bailiffs lie + they very rarely ever turn up when they say they will. It is all geared to put the pressure on you.

As said previously if they have no Controlled Goods Agreement - which incidentally you also have to sign and agree to - then there is nothing for them to remove. I appreciate it is easy for me to sit here and say this but believe me I am not spinning a yarn. I assume your other half has all the doors locked and would only open up if it was someone she definitely knows, alternatively does she have a friend she could visit. Have you warned Jacobs she could be classed as vulnerable - again I am assuming you are both on the C Tax account - to advise them of this you also need to provided proof such as doctors letter etc or better still if she is under hospital supervision. Also have a look for a MALG Form.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X