• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston just tried taking money from my debit card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston just tried taking money from my debit card

Marston Group Ltd just tried to take money of my debit card without any previous notice, email, phone call, official letter. I don’t even know what is it related to. Always pay my bills on time, just moved out of my property on Feb 4th so don’t think this can be any of the utility providers if there would he an outstanding payment, council tax is paid. Plus it all seems very suspicious: first they did attempt to take £1000 and once it failed they tried £500 in about 90min. (I don’t use the bank account that is related to this debit card, hence why the lack of funds). Any idea what to do? I do not have previous notification or letter, don’t know where to start and the bank - Monese claims I have to first ask the merchant or second option cancel my debit card with them. Could this be a cloned card case? Or can Marston just take money without informing me about the claim? Shouldn’t they always contact the person? Thanks
    Tags: None

Have you given them the card details at any time?

Comment

Alarm bells ring when Marstons are mentioned - usual scenario is for an unpaid Magistrates Court Fine - motoring, TV Licence, unpaid Rail Fare etc

Comment

I haven’t give them any details, in fact this is the first time I heard about them. I don’t own a vehicle and don’t drive in UK so definitely not motoring. I did cancel my TV license back in Aug 2019, but dis it properly via their customer center and I assume it was acknowledged as I haven’t heard back from them. But more importantly are they able just take my credit card details and try to withdraw money from my account without any communication or notice?

Comment

Update: just called TV Licensing and they confirmed that my account was properly closed and there are no outstanding payments with them.

Comment

You will need to contact Marstons for further details.

Comment

I'm not familiar with martson but I'm interested in what it is so I googled it. Here’s a link you might find useful, hope it is not too bad. https://www.scottishtrustdeed.co.uk/...bt-collection/

Comment

Originally posted by MarstonHelp View Post
                I haven’t give them any details, in fact this is the first time I heard about them. I don’t own a vehicle and don’t drive in UK so definitely not motoring. I did cancel my TV license back in Aug 2019, but dis it properly via their customer center and I assume it was acknowledged as I haven’t heard back from them. But more importantly are they able just take my credit card details and try to withdraw money from my account without any communication or notice?
                I don't think they can just find out your bank details without you giving them... that sounds really dodgy to me...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X