• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

4 Out of Time WS were rejected, the car is in the bailiff's carpound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Out of Time WS were rejected, the car is in the bailiff's carpound

Hello Everyone

I hope someone can help me get some sort of clarification and advise as to how to proceed next.

To cut a long story short, Transport for London were sent several Penalty Charge Notices to my previous address, thereafter, the bailiffs have been involved. Presumably, all the bailiffs Notices of Enforcement have been sent to my previous address, while I was travelling on my car abroad. I came back to UK and have moved to a new address. In November 2018 my vehicle*was towed away from public road at my current address.

I have gone through the whole Stat Dec Out of Time process and I have finally been granted permission to file My Statutory Declaration Out of Time by my Local County Court, but 4 applications have been dismissed. This has taken about 14 months to get to this stage.

The Transport for London reissued to my current address the Notices to Owner to pay the Original Fine , which I will pay. However, my car was taken by the bailiffs and has been kept in Car pound all this time.

My problem now is that the TFL are saying they will issue the notice to owner , but they have nothing to do with the bailiffs now, and I would have to pay the bailiff their fees and storage costs to release my vehicle, which is about £21000+ now (where is an initial requested bailiffs fees are remained at £7500 and £13000 added for the storage).

When I spoke to the Bailiffs, they said that "The Warrant has now been returned to our client.This means we will not take any more action" and they are awaiting instructions from the council.

What do I do, where do I stand

Please Help
    Tags: None

Sorry I've just read your post, do you have an update?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X