• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collectica help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectica help please

I hold my hand I didnt have a tv licence and was fined I was paying a DOA, then I changed jobs and silly me ignored letters assuming the court would just issue another DOA.. now I have had a letter from collectica wanting 2k I rang them we cant come to a resolution so say an enforcement officer will now be coming. I range step change they were a little helpful, told me to ring the fines officers and ask for the debt back but they said as its an active warrant they cant do any thing unless collectica send it back them and theyd only send it back if I have insufficient goods to pay back the debt( is this true) but I dont want to let the enforcement agent in!!

any help gladly appreciated
    Tags: None

How much was the original fine?

Comment

Its 2000 then theyll be 235.00 baking charges

Comment

Sorry but what is a DOA? 2000 for a fine for no TV Licence seems an awful lot, never come across one so high before, was there a reason for the size of it?

Comment

Hi I meant Detachment of Earnings. So because Im an idiot and theres 4 fines combined dating back about 5/6 years.

Comment

Ah that explains it then. It is actually an Attachment of Earnings whereby you pay a percentage of what you earn before you get it which is then paid to HMCTS on your behalf by your employer. This may vary each pay period if your wages fluctuate. I have to go out but will be back later.

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply , should I start by just making payments to collectica? Or hold out till the bailiffs come let them see I have nothing of value to seize or just hold out and hope it goes back to the courts and pay them ? Im in a right state about ngl I cant sleep

Comment

I agree it does come as a shock because as far as the Bailiff is concerned he wants the whole lot at once or if he does accept instalments then probably by 4 monthly payments at the most. The worst thing about this is that the Warrant he has confers a power to be able to force entry to your home if he thinks you are avoiding him.

There are 2 ways to deal with this as you have already said. The first is to allow him entry to see what you have and bear in mind most household goods are exempt from seizure and he cannot seize anything that is for the use of a child. The other is to try and sit it out but that does cause its own problems if they turn up at 6am or late in the evening.

Do you have very young children? If so do any of them suffer any illnesses etc? Are you yourself under the doctor or other medical professional for anything?

As for your fine(s) are they collecting for the whole lot or just the TV Licence? Do you know how much each of the others was for and what the offences were? Did you attend Court on each occasion? Were you means tested each time? Do you know how much is outstanding on each one? Are you positive your employer has forwarded payments on to the Court Service - you'd be surprised how many don't?

Comment

Hi thanks for replying all fines are for tv liscence I dont know the actual price of each fine,never attended court was never means tested and no I dont know if my employer passed my payments on.*

Also too add insult to injury today Ive know found my self in ever more debt as I have 2900 for council tax debt Rossendales what 640 a month ,.. I cannot see no way out at this moment in time

Comment

You would need to start another thread for your Council Tax issues.

In my view you have a right to have your fines looked at by the Courts particularly if you never attended or were able to submit a means test. You may need to speak to the Court Manager rather than the Fines Officer. It would be worth asking for the enforcement to be put on hold while this is looked into or carried out.

Comment

ok thank you very muchÂ*

Comment

Hi bailiffs have been today whilst I was out. Any idea how I contact the fines manager ? Thanks*

Comment

Hi can anybody please help with what to do now ? How do I go about a doing a means test? Should I ring the courts ?*
                          Christmas in 2 weeks theres no way I can afford any payment (only small ones) I have absolutely nothing of value they could seize. Is a debt management plan of any use in these situations?

Comment

So what have you done about this in the last month since originally posting. You should have contacted the Court and fear you may now be too late.

Comment

I did contact the court took them a long to reply to tell me theres nothing they can do.
                              i rang the enforcement agent today he didnt ask for no repayment just said hell call one morning see I have nothing of value send it back to the court then send a arrest warrant I said Ill do that then and just go back to court.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X