• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warrant of Control threats on first correspondence with JBW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrant of Control threats on first correspondence with JBW

I have just this morning received a letter from JBW "Judicial Services Group" about an alleged red route contravention on 09/05/19 (just over 5 months ago).

This is the first correspondence I have received from TfL or these enforcement agents.

They claim there is an outstanding balance of £513. No break-down to indicate how this figure has been arrived at.

The letter is dated 09/10/19, and today is the 18/10/19 (some nine days later).

It says "Notices have been issued in accordance with legislation to a previous address. .. As the sum due has not been paid a warrant of control has been issued authorising us to remove goods if the outstanding balance is not settled in full. An application has now been made for a warrant of control to be re-issued for the above address [my current address]. If our Enforcement Agent is required to attend, you may be liable for further charges. If payment is received after the enforcement agent has attended, you will be liable for the costs of the visit."

This seems absurd since this is the first I am hearing of any contravention.

It appears that TfL sent information to an old incorrect address.

Grateful if you can advise on what I can do.

Thanks
    Tags: None

The bad news is they have done nothing wrong.

If all documentation was sent to an old address then you need to contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre and ask to submit an Out of Time which if granted scraps all Bailiff fees - make sure when you speak to them they send you the forms by email & you return them the same way as the process is much quicker. If it is because you forgot to update your address details then you do run the risk of a DVLA fine.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X