• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston holding clamp my car.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston holding clamp my car.

Hi. Please help as I have no idea what's going on. I just come back from holiday to found my car has been clamped. On the window is sticker with no information when why etc.
    I never received any letter or I don't know what kind of money they chasing. As I'm the only person working full time having a small babe I'm terrified what kind of money I have to pay on why . Please what should I do and who I need to contact to find out the reason. Help
    Tags: None

If there is no information on the sticker how do you know it is Marston's who have clamped the car?
    Sorry i'm just thinking out loud, it might be irrelevant, I am not employed in anyway in the legal profession, please ensure you research any advice I give before using it I have been known to be wrong on multiple occasions.

Comment

On the sticker there is information of company who clamped the car. But there is few sections that are empty. As date , time , ref.no. ect. I don't know what it's going on and why (reason/quote) they are chasing.

Comment

Have you done the simple thing and contacted them to find out the reason for the clamp, what it is in relation to and who the creditor is?

Are you aware of any debts or threats from businesses or individuals who may have considered legal action against you?
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

No I haven't contacted them as I read few opinions that i shouldn't contact them before seeking some advice as people end up with much bigger fine to pay.
          I'm not aware of any debts or unpaid things. Never received any letter that I'm owning some money or unpaid bills or any kind of penalties. should I contact them ? Can I check somewhere if my name is somewhere on debt list or something like this ?

Comment

Well short of contacting them I don't think there is any other way of finding out what this relates to.

Some bailiffs can be very unscrupulous and I have no doubt Marstons probably fall into that category too so if you do give them a call, you might want to protect yourself and record the call so that if anything has been said that to you that isn't legally or factually correct, you have evidence to back it up.

One app I have used on my phone is Call Cube Recorder ACR but it has been a while since I last tested it. Other ways could be calling from one phone, putting it on loudspeaker and using a recording device such as a dictaphone or mobile phone to record the conversation. Just make sure to test out your method before calling them in case something doesn't go right.

​​​​​​​
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

If it is Marstons then the most likely scenarios are for:
              1 - an unpaid PCN - you need to check what address is on the V5
              2 - an unpaid Magistrates Court Fine

When did you last move address?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X