• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bailiffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bailiffs

bailiff called slyly posted letter ran down path drove of it was for unpayed council tax so sent phoenix my budget planner after paying everythin out was left with £15 a month I offered this they wanted more got advise from cb & national debt line told me to pay what I could so payed £10 week had second bailiffs Friday saying coming bk with locksmith & removals husband was out of work for 2 weeks iv emailed this to phoenix explaining this long story short they have not been in my property to do walking possession order not signed anything either
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Kipper65 View Post
    bailiff called slyly posted letter ran down path drove of it was for unpayed council tax so sent phoenix my budget planner after paying everythin out was left with £15 a month I offered this they wanted more got advise from cb & national debt line told me to pay what I could so payed £10 week had second bailiffs Friday saying coming bk with locksmith & removals husband was out of work for 2 weeks iv emailed this to phoenix explaining this long story short they have not been in my property to do walking possession order not signed anything either
    An enforcement agent for council tax cannot simply turn up and force entry. They will not be getting access with a locksmith where they have not already taken control of goods.

Comment

sent email to phoenix last Friday explaining y I had not payed for couple weeks just had a reply today saying unfortunately my account is now with an enforcement officer & I have to call him so if I do call him he could still come out but I will not be letting him in the first note thru my letterbox was from s king enforcement agent visit my second letter thru door was removal notice mr York how many times can they call before they sent bk to court

Comment

They can call as much as they wish. Council tax debts will be returned to the council, not the court, and its the council's decision on what action they then go for.

Comment

thank you I thought it was 3 times they could call before they gave up & returned it to the council

Comment

The fees for visits are capped but they can pursue as many times as they think is worth it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X