• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HCEO trying to enforce a CCJ that isn't registered nor do I owe the money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCEO trying to enforce a CCJ that isn't registered nor do I owe the money

Hi

I was taken to court by a landlord in 2015 for unpaid rent, but I had gone travelling so didn't receive the papers.

I had moved out of his property, but he claimed I still lived there and took me to court for the rent for those months. I obviously told him I was leaving and when, and have proof to show I had left and had indeed gone travelling.

When I returned and realised I had a CCJ for unpaid rent, I applied for a set aside. I was 10 minutes late for the hearing due to unexpected road works and the judge dismissed it. I reapplied and had another hearing, but the judge just wouldn't listen to me or look at my proof and said I was lying about turning up late the first time!

That was 3 years ago and I've just had a hand delivered letter through from a HCO but I think it's just a company rather than anything official from the court.

Couple of questions:

I checked with all 4 credit agencies and there is no record of the CCJ and I also checked with Trust Online and it isn't on the register, so can it even be enforced?
    Also, is there really nothing I can do given I do not owe the man the rent and have solid written proof that I wasn't living there!?

The letter is threatening to take goods with or without my presence, but I understand that can't break in? Also, it says they will apply for an order to gain access to my property but I have never heard of this?

Granted it was my fault I was a bit late, but that doesn't mean I owe him any money.

Can I counter sue in an attempt to make him leave me alone? maybe for damages for harassment? At the time of living there, we had a really bad mould problem and in the end he did give me money off the rent because so many of my belongings were damaged, and thats one of the reasons he asked me to leave because he didn't want to add ventilation.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Hey

Just nudging this as no replies.

Thanks

Comment

Sounds like a High Court Enforcement is going to take place. Your persona possessions and effects are at risk if your don't pay these men when they turn up.

Have you contacted the court about this?
      Last edited by Captain Haddock; 13th June 2019, 16:45:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X