• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

proof of car ownership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proof of car ownership

i bought a new car last year off ebay, using my ebay account with my details. i paid cash for the car on collection. as i already have a car "registered" in my name my wife registered the v5 in her name. Now i know the v5 is NOT proof of owner ship, if a bailiff was to show up for one of her debts could they take the car if the v5 is in her name but i have an ebay invoice to prove i purchased the car. i am aware they will clamp the car in scare tactics but im happy to sit it out and not be inconvenienced by it all. So my only issue is as long as i can prove by ebay invoice and an email direct from ebay to prove my purchase should this be enough to prove its my car. tia
    Tags: None

You are going to need a copy of the advert, a copy of the payment, be able to show a payment trail from your account (not a joint account), a copy of Road Fund Licence giving the day it was collected, a copy of the Insurance giving at least time prior to collection. However as you are married they may well class it as a joint interest meaning they could possibly take 50%. You need to also investigate Part 85 claims in case it is seized/removed. A lot may depend upon the value. Don't forget if the car is seized then there is no requirement to surrender either Keys or MOT unless they have been seized as well, but remember a vehicle sold without these items can attract a lower price at auction. Auction price may be as low as 10%/20% of its true value so unless a high value item it could be worthless otherwise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X