• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car has been taken back after paying for it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car has been taken back after paying for it

Apologies if not right place,

I am writing this on behalf of my friend, so apologies if switches between nouns.

I brought a car whilst with my other half from his father, my other half has now been imprisoned after committing crimes against myself and one of our children (still under investigation). I brought the car in his name as he was going to be the main user of it. However, I can prove through banking and messages to the father-in-law that I brought the car. Yesterday he came round whilst I was out and took the car back with a spare key, I had disconnected the battery. Meaning he had to open the bonnet etc to get the car running.

The bail conditions state that my other half can not send anyone to our house to see me, the one kid or access property.

I was in the process of getting the name changed to mine through DVLA but it's still ongoing.

Have I got any legal standing to get the car back or is it a lost cause?

Thank you in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Sorry to hear of your situation.

My first reaction would be to report the theft to the police.

if that did not result in its eventual return (police might try and fob you off with "it's a civil matter, ma'am") I think my next move would be to apply for a court injunction ordering its return

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X