• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unlawful car repo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlawful car repo

Hello everyone!
    I’m new to this but I am seeking for some help and advice.
    I have had a PCP car since March 2020 and have always made my payments. I have never missed a payment. They are looking to repossess my car !!!

At the start of the year my car was stolen .. and the accused (my ex partner) was charged with “taking car without owners permission” my car was then recovered by 9/11 recovery.

The police then came to my house and seized my car after accusing of seeing my ex partner drive the car. Both the police and 9/11 recovery refused to give me back my car for 2 weeks and said that my finance company would be collecting it.

I went to a lawyer and the police gave 9/11 Recovery permission to release my car. I had to pay an uplift fee of £150 but I am awaiting a refund.

My ex partner is awaiting a court date to which he is pleading not guilty. I have not been charged with anything and I have a clean record.

I had my car back for just over a month and my finance called telling me they were repossessing my car and terminating my contract due to me breaching it by “Care and Use of the Vehicle” and While we own the Vehicle, you must:
    - not allow the Vehicle to be seized or distrained upon or made subject to any lien or court enforcement by a third party.

they said this also in an email- this was before the police released my car.

As already discussed with you, we receive information from the Police and as responsible lenders have to take appropriate action where necessary, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions within your agreement.

This decision is irreversible as you have breached the agreement, please contact Grosvenor on 0330 390 4567 where they will be able to assist you further.

now I have recovery company’s contacting me trying to get my car back. Volkswagen have said I now have a default on my credit file.

can someone PLEASE help me . I don’t know where to go further with this. I feel that this is an unlawful termination as no wrongdoing has been done and I feel that this has all been a misunderstanding !! It is causing me massive stress and anxiety

thanks in advance

superstar
    Tags: None

duplicate thread

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X