• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Yorkshire water - Two defaults on same account number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshire water - Two defaults on same account number

Newbie here so hope someone can help -
    I defaulted on my old Yorkshire water account in April 2017 due to depression and not waking up to the fact that you have to pay your bills. Anyway… So.. The default was due to come off my credit file next month but Yorkshire water have now changed the default date to November 2019.
    they said when I called them that they registered two defaults against me - one in 2017 and one in 2019 on the same account. Can they do this? Since 2019 I have been paying all my debts off and sorting my credit file. This account closed in 2020 as I moved to a deiffirent property. Any help is really appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hi WARRIOR84

You should only have one Default for one debt, but what sometimes happens is the original Creditor will Default you, then sell the debt to a DCA who will then Default you again for the same debt. It is 'unfair', but it can happen. Complain to the water company in writing, follow their Complaints Procedure. If it's not resolved and they send you a final response / deadlock letter, then there are other avenues to complain.

https://www.ofwat.gov.uk/regulated-c...g-a-complaint/

You can also write notes on your Credit report, e.g. defaulted for the same debt twice.

You could also seek guidance from the ICO, as the information 'could be considered' wrong.

Comment

Thank you, they haven’t sold the debt, they kept the debt. They are convinced that they are able to place two defaults on one account for two different amounts. They also changed payment history on my Credit file to say I was upto date with payments till the default they have registered in 2019 which is incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior84 View Post
        Thank you, they haven’t sold the debt, they kept the debt. They are convinced that they are able to place two defaults on one account for two different amounts. They also changed payment history on my Credit file to say I was upto date with payments till the default they have registered in 2019 which is incorrect.
        When you write to them, tell them you will lodge a complaint with the ICO, if they do not correct the information. Reassess, once they respond.

Comment

I have 3/4 diffrent account numbers for yourkshire water how dose this work because it is affecting my credit score because of them what can i do

Comment

Originally posted by Tonycc View Post
            I have 3/4 diffrent account numbers for yourkshire water how dose this work because it is affecting my credit score because of them what can i do
            Please start your own thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X