• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charging Order.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Order.

Hi,hope someone can help with my dillema.I have applied for a remortgage with my husband and happy to say we have an offer,all was going great until HSBC,found a restriction on our deeds which my hubby and I didn't no we had.in 2012 we took out an IVA which we settled in 2015. The restriction was entered before the IVA having said that the debt is for 1200 pound but is now 9yrs old.sorry for lengthy text.can I make a full and final offer to have the restriction removed if so what would be a starting offer as we are both pensioners,the debt was originally with Capquest but has been sold on to Dryden Fairfax I have not acknowledged nor have I had any contact with this company but received a letter from them a while ago.We have excellent credit scores and no ccjs or restrictions show on are credit file.any help would be much appreciated as we don't want to lose our remortgage offer.Thankyou.
    Tags: None

As I understand it a charge is registered with the land registry which is preventing the sale of your property?

The age of the debt is irrelevant as is the IVA. The creditor has taken the long view that when your property is sold, they will be paid.

I would very much doubt they would even discuss an offer but you could always try. After waiting so long, they would normally require payment in full.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X